Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Member From NC

We live in Asheville NC.

Will, I'm sorry to hear how BB treated you. It's not difficult to see that a major factor in their failure was Sales and Marketing. At one point they decided to sell direct and told their decade old dealership network to take a hike. Yikes!

Thanks Jack and Will for the invitations, if/when I get out to Southern Pines or Greensboro I'll be sure to look you guys up. The newborn has a grounded for a while...

Thank you all for a warm welcome.

David Brady
    '02 Wanderlodge, LXi, NC
    Last edited by travelite; 10-30-2009 at 11:27 PM.

Welcome David. I remember 14 years ago attending a FMCA Rally and walking past a plethora of Blue Birds all parked together at a Rally. Very impressive site. I have had RV's for a while now, raising all my kids with trips thru out the country. Certainly my Prevost is the ultimate in travel. Now, most of the kids are grown, but we took a trip to Idaho with two daughters, a friend, my son and my wife and I. Had a great time.
    There are quite a few members with families. I'm sure they will share their experiences as well.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

sawdust_128 Guest

Default Welcome North Stater

Welcome aboard. We are in Raleigh. It is beginning to look like we should start thinking about a Carolina's mini rally. I know there are a few more Tar Heels lurking on the forum who might be coaxed out of the silence and shadows.

Heck, we could even invite the commanders and spouses of the stainless steel oyster barge fleet from Tennessee.

Default Garyde & Travelite and everyone else

This last summer (2009) we attended big FMCA in Bowling Green, OH and I was amazed, as Garyde says...a slew (maybe 6 - 8 ) Wonderlodges all parked together and Very Proud of themselves. oh....by the bye, welcome to POG

Welcome to the asylum David. I guess it was inevitable that we would add a Bluebird to the Newells on this site. Despite that, you are still welcome here and are encouraged to dish it out because it is only a question of time before one of the misfits on this site dumps on you. Your only protection actually is if you are familiar with the Acme company and own a sheep farm.

Don't take any abuse from Truk about your Bluebird not being a bus. I happen to think it is a fine Skoolie. Once the rock slide is gone maybe we could get together and insult one another's current ride of choice. We live just over the hill.

You are so close to where a number of us live that the redneck contingent will include you in future events if you choose to associate with us. This group includes among others Truk, Jamie, the King, our very own POG band, Bob 08, and another Knoxvillian John B. who we've not met. The only thing this group takes serious is eating and fun so don't be shy, post your thoughts here and take your lumps until you come over to the dark side and get a Prevost.

Thanks again for the warm welcome and the kind hospitality to a wannabe.

Jon, having been a bus owner for a while, I'm pretty familiar with the various debates: 8V vs S60 envy, slide vs no-slide, rivets vs smooth look, OTR, etc. Liberty domination and sheep fascination are new. (Pardon me if I missed anyone's favorite topic) LOL

Rest assured, we got the same stuff going on over at the Wanderlodge Owners Group!

What I really want is 2 buses. (Gonna take some convincing of my better half). Us Wanderlodge owners are arguably the most loyal bunch out there. I don't see myself unloading the LXi, but maybe adding a Prevost. Then I can decide which stays and which goes, if any.

Thanks for the invite to the various rally's and get-to-gethers. I think a NC Mini-Rally is a great idea. I look forward to attending. With the house filled with little children, I may just bachelor it!

David Brady
    '02 Blue Bird, LXi,
    Asheville, NC
    Last edited by travelite; 10-31-2009 at 01:38 PM.

Oh, one other thing David,

You can spread the word to other Bluebird owners (listen up there Newell owners, also) that is really is OK to wave and give a smile to Prevost owners. We don't bite, our drivelines are almost the same, we all drive rigs of smilar size and weight, and we all like good quality stuff. We'll wave back or at you depending on who sees who first.

We aren't all stuck up. Just some of us.

Welcome David! You'll do just fine here if you follow the two most important rules:

1. Don't take yourself or anyone else on POG too seriously.
    2. Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
    You can spread the word to other Bluebird owners (listen up there Newell owners, also) that is really is OK to wave and give a smile to Prevost owners..
    Copy that! On my annual pilgrimage to California, my first stop is Prevost Car in Nashville Tn. I don't hesitate to introduce myself to anyone having service done, and I've met the finest folks there. Very helpful, entertaining, and firmly planted people. I say hi whenever I can; I'll spread the word.

David Brady
    '02 Blue Bird Wanderlodge, LXi
    Asheville, NC
    Last edited by travelite; 10-31-2009 at 03:36 PM.

Dave
    Welcome to group. I had 2 Birds before my Prevost. A Forward Control coach and a '92 Widebody. Its hard to beat the fit and finish and amenities in the Bird but there is nothing like driving a Prevost. I loved my Birds and thought that nothing could compare...until I drove a Prevost. Since it appears that Parliament purchased the intellectual DNA of Bluebird , there may be a bond here. Welcome to the group but be prepared to suffer the abuse of owning a non-canadian bus.
    Last edited by rickdesilva; 10-31-2009 at 10:57 PM. Reason: should be bluebird not prevost
    Wendy and Rick DeSilva
    '08 Marathon H-3
    2017 F350 platinum
    Mahwah, NJ
    Brant Beach, NJ
    Pelican Lake, Fla