Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Member From NC

Default New Member From NC

Hi Folks,

I recently joined POG to better my understanding of these magnificent machines and to get to know the folks who own them.

Five years ago I bought my first bus and first motorhome, a 2002 BlueBird Wanderlodge LXi. My family and I love the bus and the lifestyle. Recently the Wanderlodge Coachworks factory along with it's contents were auctioned off. Sadly, we Wanderlodge owners are now orphans. I've long had a fascination with the Prevost marque and know that my next bus will be a Prevost. My wife and I have a 3 year old boy and a newborn baby girl; needless to say, I'm very interested in how others work family life into bussing. I'm looking forward to soaking up the vast knowledge on this forum. Thanks for having us!

Best,
    David Brady and Family,
    '02 Blue Bird Wanderlodge, LXi,
    NC
    Last edited by travelite; 10-30-2009 at 03:40 PM.

David,
    Welcome and glad your enjoying your "Bird." Don't fret too much about the label "Orphan" since Parliament Coach bought all the BlueBird proprietary information, so you have a source. Unlike ourselves, when Monaco bought Beaver Coach, they destroyed all proprietary parts and info. This leaves all 35 of us, as true "Orphans", but have each other to share information

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Converter Parliament Coach Buys Blue Bird Assets
    Email This Post Print This Post October 19, 2009 by RV Business Comments Off
    High-end bus converter Parliament Coach Corp., Clearwater, Fla., has purchased the intellectual property of bankrupt Coachworks Holdings Inc., manufacturer of the Blue Bird Wanderlodge motorhome.

The purchase includes technical data pertaining to all coaches produced by Blue Bird Wanderlodge dating from the 1960s to the present.

The purchase was completed through Hudson & Marshall Auctioneers in the final bankruptcy auction of Coachworks Holdings Inc., Fort Valley, Ga.
    The items included all parts information, wiring schematics, diagrams, blueprints and supplier, vendor and service records.

Coachworks, which shut down production last spring, was not affiliated with school bus manufacturer Blue Bird Corp.

”The importance of retaining this vital information for Blue Bird owners is critical,” said Parliament President Steve Mitchell. ”There are approximately 3,500 Blue Bird Coaches operating through the United States and Canada. I wanted to provide an obvious needed service to these owners and make sure they did not end up as orphans.”

Family-owned Parliament Coach is a manufacturer of high-line coach conversions, specializing in sales, marketing, painting and other services. As a franchised dealer, Mitchell and other family members have been representing Blue Bird since 1978.

Blue Bird
    Jim and Chris
    2001 Featherlite Vogue XLV 2 slide with Rivets-current coach, 1999 shell
    Previous 22 years,
    We have owned every kind of Prevost shell but an H3-40

That's right Jim. In 2004 I bought my coach from Steve Mitchell (owner of Parliament Coach). We in the Wanderlodge community are thrilled that Steve is the current owner of the Wanderlodge name along with 40 years of intellectual property. Hey, don't go shootin' holes in my argument to buy a Prevost; I almost have my wife convinced! LOL

Biloxi, MS (Beautiful Mississippi Gulf Coast)

Welcome to POG, David. I like many others in this group, had Birds before moving uo to Prevost. You have a true Bird, which was a very good coach. When you do step up to Prevost, you will be surprised how much advanced they are, Especially if you get a Liberty! Again, Welcome.

I hear Steve Bennet over at California Coach has a nice 45' Liberty for sale.

Thanks for the segway Ed.

Welcome David. I first got bus fever from looking at a Bluebird a few years ago...

Quote Originally Posted by edsaylor View Post
    You have a true Bird, which was a very good coach.
    Thanks Ed, that's very kind of you to say. The LXi is really the result of 40 years of Wanderlodge evolution. While it pushes the envelop in many areas in terms of Wanderlodge design and development, it also shares much with its past. One of the endearing qualities that I'm going to miss is the blue electrolumenescent dash with the countless gauges and switches. I've been to Parliament Coach on many occasions and have driven many of Steve's coaches. The Prevost is certainly in a class of it's own. While the Wanderlodge entertains with its idiosyncrasies, the Prevost impresses with it's German-like precision. Two very different experiences, both quite capable and enjoyable. It's great to see some Wanderlodge fans here on POG.

David Brady
    '02 BlueBird, Wanderlodge LXi,
    NC

David,

Welcome aboard, you found the right place for anyone with MPD! I must correct your reference to your bird as a bus. The only real bus is a Prevost. Let the fun begin.....

Southern Pines, NC (next door to Pinehurst)

Default Bluebird Almost

David,

First welcome to POG, or the asylum as Jon refers to us.

Second, your posting does not say what part of NC you hail from.

Lastly, we almost bought a Wanderlodge three years ago. We went to the Bluebird plant in Fort Valley (?) Ga while on a vacation at Hilton Head. Yes it was a day trip. The person at the plant was very rude and callous to us even though we were potential customers. So we bought a Prevost instead. It is possible that we were not the only ones given such shabby treatment and could explain why the Bird went down.

If you are anywhere close to Southern Pines we should get together sometime and talk buses.

David,welcome to POG,I also live in NC,Greensboro to be exact,my coach is in Thomasville where I work.I would welcome a visit if you are headed this way,I am there almost every day.Since I sold JDUB his Marathon and I have had 2 Liberty coaches I can steer you in the right direction.