Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Facebook users raise your hands!

Jon, heads up, Facebook has been very good for Pilots N Paws! It has a "Cause" section you can use if you are a 501c3 which allows folks to donate to your cause. We have received small amounts via Cause from people looking at the stories and photos I put up on Facebook. We have also added a few new pilots and many new fans who now know about us. Several rescue groups have become friends as well. Other PNP pilots with facebook pages can also share their photo albums on our page by tagging us.

It is social networking but I admit, it does take time to keep up with it! Our page is called Pilots N Paws, should anyone want to join. I do have a personal page, Debi Boies, but rarely go there, no time

No need for you to join, or Bob--you both hate to type so pull out the phone would be my best advice for the two of you!

Debi

So far I have learned this is where people who want others to know personal stuff or their thoughts can post it on the internet. It's like sending the same information out in an email but its different.

Forums, FB, blogs, twitter. I can't wait for someone to come up with the next best way to spill one's guts.

It is for people that have a lot of time.

It can be used to find people who apparently choose to not remain in contact with you so you can remain in contact with them.

I think I'll go polish my slack adjusters. Bob 08 and I will discuss our facebook adventures when we are in Tampa next week. I suspect we will both set up our FB accounts at the same time.

I'm with Jon. Can you imagine the time and effort needed to keep up with all those sheep herders moaning and complaining about the weather, shearing, time off, 401's deteriorating, vet bills, health insurance, vacation and worst of all, Lamb Fries!

Anyone interested in Facebook Sheepscape, go here: jwinchester@sbcglobal.net

Default Signs of the times

Jon Says:

"Forums, FB, blogs, twitter. I can't wait for someone to come up with the next best way to spill one's guts."

How about printing it on Funeral Home Fans?
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Cruel. That was just plain cruel.

Biloxi, MS (Beautiful Mississippi Gulf Coast)

Default FB

I know very little about Face Book, but I am now on it. Ed Saylor

Quote Originally Posted by rmboies View Post
    It is social networking but I admit, it does take time to keep up with it! Our page is called Pilots N Paws, should anyone want to join. I do have a personal page, Debi Boies, but rarely go there, no time
    Debi - I just joined the Facebook Pilots N Paws group and also sent a friend request to you. THE PNP group page looks great with over 1,900 members and growing! It was touching and inspiring to see the posted pictures of some of the rescued pups that have been helped!

I'm up to about 15 POG members that also have Facebook accounts that have come "out of the closet." In the process, I also was able to "coerce" the previously mentioned "shy member", Cyndie, to post a very eloquent response in this very thread! I'm so proud of her! LOL!

Cyndie,

Don't tell the Trukman that they have sheep in Farmville or he will be on Facebook like a rat on a Cheeto.

Post all you want and don't listen to these numbnuts. They are all hat, no cattle.

JW.....

You know you can GIFT the Trukster sheep on Farmville...do that and we will never hear from him again...ain't all baaaah'd

John