Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rain leak test

Gordon I on the windows i will lift the rubber and squirt in some silicone, on the awning support I will take them off and put silicone in the holes and reattach the supports. The one on the side wall seams I don't know yet.

Thanks Ray for posting, looks like I took the shots before the camera could focus, so much for auto focus.

GregM

We had a leak at one of the hinged windows and had water standing on the sill. I did a temporary fix, replaced the gasket at the top of the window with foam sticky back stuff from ACE HDWR. Still no leaks after a year. What a temp job. The only problem was removing the old cement. I used MEK, Acetone and some other stuff but none was real good.
    Repaired and installed my DAMN PLASTIC SHIELD after our trip, around 7000 mi after OKC. My 12 year old bus had no dings before the trip and now it looks like someone took target practice at us. LOVE THEM DAMN PLACTIC SHIELDS.
    Ed & Sandy
    CaptMogul & Sandy
    2002 Royale XLII D/S
    2013 Toyota Tacoma
    PRAY FOR OUR TROOPS & THEIR FAMILIES

Capt, you are not drinking the Kool-Aid. Don't realize that the Lexan shields are stupid and it is a badge of honor to have a bus with the front beat to hell--got to love those rock dings and paint chips.

I presume you plastic shield owners still have the plastic on the carpet and that you've gone out and bought plastic covers for the sofa.

This is just an idea, but has anyone considered that if you don't tailgate you won't get dings? At 62.5 mph I am not going fast enough for anything to dent my front of the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by CAPT MOGUL & Sandy View Post
    We had a leak at one of the hinged windows and had water standing on the sill. I did a temporary fix, replaced the gasket at the top of the window with foam sticky back stuff from ACE HDWR. Still no leaks after a year. What a temp job. The only problem was removing the old cement. I used MEK, Acetone and some other stuff but none was real good.
    Repaired and installed my DAMN PLASTIC SHIELD after our trip, around 7000 mi after OKC. My 12 year old bus had no dings before the trip and now it looks like someone took target practice at us. LOVE THEM DAMN PLACTIC SHIELDS.
    Ed & Sandy
    Ed, I'm with ya. I would cancel a trip before I would drive without my Plastic Shield !

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Jon, Jon, Jon, you know your going to get those dents when the dump truck passes you going the speed limit, gets back in the J B Hunt lane right in front of you, hits a tiny bump and all the crap starts falling off that rigid suspension pelting your bus with buckshot.

Good grief man, at least get a bra....

I have a bra, rolled up out of reach on a high shelf in my garage. Di has instructions to shoot me if in a weak moment I feel compelled to put it on the coach.

Using bras, plastic shields, plastic on the floor, etc. is the Prevost equivalent of sticking the tire covers on the tires when the bus is parked to prevent it from getting UV or something on the tires. So how come the tires crack and dry rot on the back side that never sees any sunlight?

Who cares if the coach has a ding or two. If anyone wants to keep it perfect, the best thing to do is keep it in the garage.

Default to cover or not

I use my Liberty 'Bra' when traveling. It saves the front from untold dings, no doubt. I had a plastic shield on my last Country Coach. I took it off, too big , and hard to keep clean. But I understand its very useful in the summer months in the South with all the bugs and such.
    I once heard something to the effect shields and such were like wearing socks in the shower. Great image but not sure it fits.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Ahh yes, The plastic shield of reality.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Hey Jim,

The reality is the plastic shield is ugly 100% of the time, the bra is only ugly when it is being used.

It is my opinion, obviously not shared by others, that my dents, dings and paint chips still are less ugly than either the bra or plastic shield.

That's my reality.