Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Satellite TV

Yes Jim your absolutely right Dish does have the in motion for HD. My mistake, I should have clarified that Direct TV is the one that does not have an in motion system for HD channels. We have always used Direct TV and I have never given much thought to Dish Network because of the network channels issue.

Quote Originally Posted by gmcbuffalo View Post
    Johnny I have DirecTV and if I am out of my home area I can't get ABC, CBS, NBC East or West. What feature do you have that allows that?
    GregM
    Greg,

I just found out that my bat wing antenna on top of the coach will process digital signals without any other equipment. I thought that I would need a special digital antenna or a converter box. Not so, my digital TV will pick up ABC, NBC, & CBS thru the roof top bat wing antenna.

Don't forget to AUTO program the channels each time you change locations.

The picture on the local channels is crystal clear; it's like watching satellite.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Thanks Tuga I will have to get an converter box since I have old style TV's.
    Greg

For Direct TV East and West Coast feeds, fill out their RV waiver sheet and pay a monthly fee per network. You'll then get ABC, NBC, CBS and FOX on the 380 channels in SD and 390 channels in HD. East and west coast feeds. Very handy if you miss a network program on the East coast feed and can record it later on the West Coast feed. Its been years since I filled mine out, but I believe I had to prove that I owned an RV and promise to move it X many times a year from my home base.

All these extras are what makes my monthly TV bill more than what my first mortgage payment was.

Johnny Guest

GMCBUFFALO,
    For East coast and West coast feeds I filled out the waiver (RV use) . No problems.
    Johnny

I have west coast feeds with my standard subscription, as that's where my zipcode is. At one point I had both east and west, and it stopped suddenly. I called and they indicated I needed to submit the waiver paperwork. But they wanted and addition $9.95 a month for that. I didn't feel it was warranted, for something I use so little.

But, I'll admit, it would have been nice to have both feeds while on the road. There's nothing worse than watching a 10PM show at midnight because you're in the wrong timezone.

jelmore Guest

There are a couple of things I miss about DirectTV and the big one is the east and west coast network feeds. You can get something like that with Dish, but it is Chicago and San Francisco. And to get the HD versions is pretty expensive.

Other than almost all HD with Dish, a nice thing about Dish is being able to change your local networks by calling Dish and having them change your service address. Of course, you only get one chance to see something or record it, unlike the DirectTV network feeds.

I have DirecTV West Coast feed but can only get it in the Oregon area. Maybe I only have Local channels?
    GregM
    Last edited by gmcbuffalo; 10-23-2009 at 11:14 PM.

With Direct TV, your local channels are spot beamed. You can usually get those channels up to about 75 - 100 miles from home and then you lose the signal.

I was forced to choose between the East or West feeds and they would not allow me to get both. I am charged 14.00 for the Distant Network Service for Mobile Customers (East) and an additional 5.00 for the receiver in the bus.

For those receiving East and West, how did you manage to get both feeds and what's the cost?

I had both feeds for awhile, but they turned off, and it was part of my normal service.

I get LA area channels around channels 2-13 (actually more), and then again there are the east/west network channels in the 380's. Up there I only get the west coast feeds.

It may have been affected by the fact that my account was originally a home account. When I moved back to SoCal, I didn't need it for home (we have cable), but I've kept the account active for years, and only now use it in the bus.

Ray