Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cooling fan replacement

Paul,

Was that the noise you were concerned about when we were at Ivy's thinking it was the fridge? I thought that noise only happened when the fridge compressor cycled.

jelmore Guest

I've heard that noise for two years when sitting outside. Very annoying. In a eureka moment, turned off the refrigerator and the noise vanished! What a discovery. It was hard to imagine that the refrigerator could be so loud outside. Really good to know it is probably that fan.

If it is blowing air into that compartment, that makes me wonder about the function of this fan and the one on the other side in the inverter bay. I'm wondering if their primary purpose is to provide air circulation to the battery and dual cruiseair compartment when parked.

Orren Zook Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jelmore View Post
    If it is blowing air into that compartment, that makes me wonder about the function of this fan and the one on the other side in the inverter bay. I'm wondering if their primary purpose is to provide air circulation to the battery and dual cruiseair compartment when parked.
    Jim, I'm suspect that the one on the inside of the inverter bay is just to provide a little air circulation in the inverter bay. I doubt that the volume of air moved by that fan would do much for the house batteries or cruise airs.

Quote Originally Posted by truk4u View Post
    Paul,

Was that the noise you were concerned about when we were at Ivy's thinking it was the fridge? I thought that noise only happened when the fridge compressor cycled.
    Yep, that was the noise. Because I could stop the noise by shutting off the refrigerator breaker, I figured it was one of the fans in it.

But, after I pulled the fridge out and unplugged it, the noise continued, so I searched some more.

Quote Originally Posted by jelmore View Post
    I've heard that noise for two years when sitting outside. Very annoying. In a eureka moment, turned off the refrigerator and the noise vanished! What a discovery. It was hard to imagine that the refrigerator could be so loud outside. Really good to know it is probably that fan.

Yeah, Jim, I wondered how the refrigerator could make so much (and such an annoying) noise OUTSIDE the bus.

Default Replacement complete...

My local Grainger had the exact replacement fans in stock, so I replaced the faulty one as well as the one in the inverter bay as they are identical.

The noisy fan on my bus was installed behind the small refrigerator in my entertainment bay. There is an opening below the refrigerator in the floor of that compartment which is covered with screening. This serves as the air inlet, and mine was mostly packed with sand and dirt.

The fan draws air from this floor opening, across the cooling coils on the back of the refrigerator, and vents out to the space where the center Cruiseairs are mounted.