Thread: Leak Test

Threaded View

Default Leak Test

While at OKC I had a small water leak over my head and to the left of the driver's seat. Both times it rained, I got a few drops of water.

I decided today to use the pressure method to find the leak. I ran my 1 hp leaf blower for 30 minutes until the motor burned up. I then tried a large vacuum cleaner. I covered every seam, rivet, and possible opening within 6 feet of the leak with leak detector. Never found the leak. I know it is coming from the cavity above my head, so I sealed around my TV and placed the vacuum hose inside the cavity, and still did not find anything. I had cardboard taped to both sides (inside and outside) of the window, and I could not feel any air leaking to the outside.

I spent about 15 minutes spraying the top of the bus to get all the leak detector off and thought for sure I would cause the leak to appear inside the bus, but it never did. The only conclusion I can draw from my test, is that I didn't find my leak. Can't even get it to leak again. I don't think it is coming from my marker lights.

I was hoping to be able to report that I successfully used this leak detection method, but unfortunately I can't. Maybe I did something wrong. Maybe I am not squirting the leak detector in the right place. I am sure Paulette will be glad to know that I used a new sewer hose for this project.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dale farley; 10-17-2009 at 07:41 PM.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!