Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Travel Height Norgren Coil - 5 Port - Steering Bay

Default Same problem

I have a new coach (new to me) 1999 Vantara. I dont think it was used much before I bought it and I am having the same trouble. Could it be their is to much condensation in the air lines? I understand you should bleed condensation out once a month or so? W

Willis........

As a newbie the first thing you need to do is try to learn the controls of your leveling system. I am not being a smart ass, but I am trying to get you to be able to define how your system is set up. As you may surmise by reading this thread the system controls are different depending not only on who the converter was, but how the cocah was equipped. What is reasonably constant is the underlying valve operation although some converters varied that as well.

To answer your question first tell us about your leveling system, or better yet attach photos of the leveling system controls.

Then it is probable that someone on this forum can walk you through the operation of the system, and from that you can report back and tell us what happens or does not happen, compared to what was expected to happen.

Condensation in the system is not unreasonable especially if the air system on the coach was poorly maintained, but apart from hydraulic lock it should not prevent the system from functioning.

Help us help you by posting pictures of your controls, or at the very least describing them.

You may find that on occasion we sometimes actually answer questions correctly.

BTW, welcome to the asylum. You wouldn't be a sheep farmer would you?

Jon, Thank's for the reply. Farming possibly, Sheep no. My coach has the HWH system, and though it says it is in travel mode it definetly is not. So I use the manual air to bring the coach up to move it. I have a mechanic looking at it and likely valves will need to be replaced but I wondered if water in the system would also cause this. Thank you again, definitely a newbie.
    Last edited by Willis Michell; 10-24-2009 at 05:41 PM.

Willis.....

If you can manually make the coach raise or lower I can say with almost 100% conviction that there is nothing wrong with the valves.

The second thing I can say is that unless the mechanic is intimate with the operation of not only the HWH, but the Prevost level Low system you will be paying for a lot of on the job training.

So since there are a bunch of Vantare owners as well as others who have the HWH. why not specifically describe what you are doing, what results you expect, and what the coach is doing and see if someone here can start this discussion by analyzing what is going on.

From my perspective if you can isolate the HWH and use the Prevost system alone and have the coach go to the travel position then you can ignore the valving completely. If however it does not go to the travel position at all, or it fails to go to the travel height at the front, left rear or right rear that could be a simple solenoid valve or ride height valve replacement. We just need specifics. I do not have an HWH so all I can help with is the suspension valve trouble shooting.

Jon,

Thank's for the reply. I will get back to you with what I find out. Interesting and I hope no big expense. At least the Prevost system alone does work so must be in the HWH itself.

Willis, there may be nothing wrong with anything. It may be as simple as understanding how the Prevost and HWH interface. Dale's system as he pointed out goes to ride height when the emergency brake is released for example. It is nuances like that which need to be understood.

On my Liberty I have the proprietary Liberty system for automatic leveling, and while it is a nice feature for getting close to level in a rest area for lunch, I tend to manually level the coach at all other times because that lets me decide to the extent possible how high I want the front step off the ground. Manual leveling is more accurate, and most importantly I have clearance issues getting up my driveway and into my garage. I cannot afford to risk having a system that does not let me manually adjust my heights and leave them where I set them. Automation is nice for impressing the folks in a campground, but hardly necessary.

Default Willis & HWH

What year/conversion do you have? My recent visit to Moscow , Ia for HWH was at best frustrating. They maintain my HWH equip was working in their shop but when installed back into my bus would not work as intended. My level low works great by itself. HWH is blaming installation problems, but it "used to work 6months ago" why now? They could not figure it out after 8 hrs of working on it. As info, they left all their "newer" components installed and did not charge me for their labor due to not being able to fix the problem. They did offer to work on it more at a later date. So, maybe installation, a wire shorted? I am amazed that HWH was not able to get a fix on what was causing the problem.

Roger and Jon,

Hay guys, no when I release the break nothing happens. As an example, if I had leveled the coach down low almost touching the tires it just stays their yet the HWH says it is in travel position. So I do a manual level. As Jon suggests this may be best in the long run. Roger it is a 1999 Vantare

If it is on the coach, it should be working, but for now at least it sounds like you can by-pass the HWH.

Maybe someone can walk you through how the HWH is supposed to work so you can possibly isolate the problem. Truk can probably help if Vantare set it up like the CC set up, but if Vantare has a unique set up one of those folks may have to offer the guidance.