Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Travel Height Norgren Coil - 5 Port - Steering Bay

Unrelated to repairs, Jim and Dale are making some observations about how their system operates to make me wonder if all owners with custom controls on the leveling system are aware how their coach suspension operates.

I have serious clearance issues getting into my garage heightwise. Roger does also. We cannot have any doubt as to what position our bus sits in when we enter the garage or TracStar will be selling another dish.

I wonder how many others have a system that does its own thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Based on comments in this thread, I am wondering if my bus goes to ride height when I start it and let it run a few minutes without putting it in "Drive"? I notice mine always exhausts after running for a couple minutes whether I place it in gear or not. I always assumed when it exhausted, it was "road ready". Am I right or wrong in that assumption?

Yesterday, when I started to back out of the garage (before I placed it in gear), when it exhaused it had raised to a little over 12" just in front of my front wheels. Measuring from the bottom of the stainless to the concrete.

Dale,

I am pretty certain that most, if not all, CC's have the HWH system. Mine, the same vintage as yours, I start it up and all bets are off with the leveling, it goes to the drive position, I do not have to touch anything. Like you, I wait for the coach to "break wind" and drive off...never had a problem save when I put a replacement generator start battery atop one of the HWH leveling sensors in that rat hole that can be only accessed from the forward bay aft....but that's a different story and a different post.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
    Unrelated to repairs, Jim and Dale are making some observations about how their system operates to make me wonder if all owners with custom controls on the leveling system are aware how their coach suspension operates.

I have serious clearance issues getting into my garage heightwise. Roger does also. We cannot have any doubt as to what position our bus sits in when we enter the garage or TracStar will be selling another dish.

I wonder how many others have a system that does its own thing?
    I was told by CC that the "THING" behind the gear selector overrides everything that HWH and CC have installed. I am speaking of the rotating knob and rocker switch that I really have never figured out.........PS, one can dump the system at any time on the (I presume) HWH panel.

John

I have to raise mine up every time I go in and out of my driveway. When they paved the highway twice last year, it changed my angle of attack just enough to cause me to have the need of raising the bus.

When parked, and I manually or automatically level the bus, the system automatically defaults to the Travel (ride height) position when I either shut off the leveling system or place the transmission in Drive or Reverse.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Southern Pines, NC (next door to Pinehurst)

Default Call Local DOT

Dale,

You should call your local DOT office, the one responsible for placing the two overlays. It should be pointed out to them that their tie in with your driveway is totally unacceptable. Then point out to them the size and value of the vehicle which now has problems getting in and out of the driveway they failed to make a proper tie in to their two new overlays. If this fails, consider providing a written "prior notice" letter to them about the potential for a tort claim arising from their deficient tie in. I'd also tell them you are at the absolute limit of what measures you can take to avoid damaging the underside of your coach. Invite them to come out for a look and give them a demo of exit and entry to your driveway.
    Last edited by Will Garner; 10-17-2009 at 08:47 AM. Reason: a Lewpopp spelling error

FlyU2here: I have the "thing" that sits behind the HWH control Pad. It overrides the HWH.

It will lock the air in what ever position I desire by rotating the dial away from drive position. Return the dial to drive and it goes to ride height by default. Depending on the position of the dial as it relates to front, or LR, or RR and which button you hold down either up or down. I also have a red warning on the dash whenever it is not in the drive position.

It took Truk to show me how to use it after I got the coach.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

That thing is the Prevost Level Low control and a normal routine for us poor slobs that have an ALL manual bus!

Manual window shades, manual pocket doors, manual bed lift, manual level low, manual awnings, manual belt tensioner, manual door locks, manual electric cord, manual water hose and manual privacy shade.

Gee, nothing really to work on.........

Truk, did you get the all the manuals for your manuals!

JIM

Whiner---Just go trade up a couple of years and that whining will change to something else.

Can't state it here - Skiff would kick me out
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

After doing some observation on my system yesterday, I realized that mine doesn't go to ride height when I place it in gear. It defaults to ride height when I release the emergency brake. That makes more sense.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!