Jon,

Count me in and thanks!
    Richard and Audrey Barnes
    and Jessie Jane The Wonder Dog!
    1998 Liberty
    2008 Saturn VUE

My Blood Runs Deep Orange

Jon,

Put me down for a set as well. Thanks in advance.

Ken

Please put me down for a set, Thanks.

Jon, do you know are there any wires between the metal box and the Masonite mounting panel at the back of the box.
    I want to hole saw a hole through the Masonite to access the back of the metal box, to re-fasten it to the bracket.

I gave the box a little tug and it partially come loose of the mounting bracket on the left side, not the bulkhead.
    I intend to use 3/16 blind rivets.

JIM

Default Jon's brackets

Deb/Eric would like a set if they will work on an 8V92 engine bay.

Thanks.

Eric Faires
    92 Angola

Jim (and all of you actually),

I do not believe there are any wires behind the masonite. I looked specifically for that tonight and could see no evidence, so if you can use an oversized drill to get a hole in the masonite for purposes of at least getting a sheet metal screw or a pop rivet from the box through the bracket it should give piece of mind. I think Jim is going to find once he gets the open hole through the masonite, he will need to drill a tap size hole for a #8 (minimum) or #10 sheet metal screw. I don't think a pop rivet can be installed because the masonite will prevent the tool from bottoming on the pop rivet unless it has a long tip, and then I would be scared of it possibly damaging or loosening the relays or terminals. A screw would go much easier.

The photo below illustratesto an extent the difficulty we are faced with. The photo is of the passenger side of the box and as can be seen the bracket to which the box is mounted is aligned with the outside edge of the box, It is only about a 1 1/2 wide flange, so the holes drilled have to be within about 3/4 inch of the box sides, not the easiest location to drill, Adding to the issue is the hole needs to go between the upper light switch and the rear/front selector switch, probably requiring a very long drill bit, unless the switches are temporarily removed. Obviously please turn off the chassis battery swtiches, but keep in mind there will still be some electric in the box even with the switches off.

The original pop rivets were 3/16 and I suggest you get as many fasteners in each side as you can. Jim has evidently found his electric box was ready to fail so those of you that have 96 chassis coaches or older you may also have a failure imminent.
    Attached Images Attached Images