Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Locking pin for slides

Roger, Are you reading these " Seal Posts. "

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

That was cruel. First the seal discussion starts and big numbers are tossed around as though the costs are pocket change, and then as if Roger isn't getting worked up by that, Rick starts talking about skin delamination.

All that has to happen now is for his dash to go black.

Mr. Keller: Yep, I am reading the post, as matter of fact I ask what the procedure was for running in the slide room to expose the seal.

Jon: Yep - i read about the Elmers glue turning loose and thought to myself - I wouldn't mind putting rivets in and then adding rhinestones to them for pazazz

And as some of you witnessed in OKC the tire patch that I recovered from my outer dual. I could reuse it on the leaking bladder in my slide room. All I have to do is get it exposed so I can stick it.

My dash works GREAT!---

Anybody got a potatoe gun?
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Bill,

When I purchased my bus the prior owner had used lithium grease on the slide pins and it was coating the sockets. I cleaned the sockets several times and then applied only graphite as recommended by Prevost. I had a pin that wanted to stick and that seemed to resolve the issue. Additionally, you may want to check the operation of your tag axle during the extension and retraction of the slides. There is a norgren air value with electric solenoid in the engine bay (typcially above the battery bank on the forward wall) that should unload the tag axle when you start to extend or retract your slides. You can hear a loud rush of air from the tag when you first push the slide extension switch. If your tag is not unloading it can put pressure on the pins. It is easy to check the tag unloading operation. Just fire it up and have someone hit the slide switch while you stand next to the tag axle. You will hear the air release and see the tag axle unload weight (it will not lift off the ground, just unload the tag). I am sure you know, but always open the driver's and door windows or the door prior to extending or retracting the slides. The pressure difference created by extending and retracting the slides without an open window or door can damage the seals. Prevost can adjust the pins, but I am not convinced that they always get it right.

Loc

Loc - 2008 Marathon XLII - Houston

Loc, thanks for the info, that is the first I have heard about the tag unloading valve. I will check this and see if I can tell if it is working.
    One can surely learn on this forum.
    Bill