Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trailer or no trailer

Default Montrose, Colorado

Larry W. I don't mean to detract from your trailer thread, but I was recently through you Fine town and met a very interesting car salesman:

I tried to hire him on the spot, but he wants too much!!!

I had to stop and get some photos.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Coming back from OKC going thru Utah I saw two people pulling double, one was a car-trailer-ATV trailer the other was a Motorhome-trailer-jeep. Something I thought you could only do with a 5th wheel.
    GregM

Roger
    Don't let the word out about the place I bought my bus. The price was super.

Greg did you like seeing 3 hooked up on 2" trailer balls. It makes me take notice when one of these trains pass doing the 75 MPH speed limit. It is legal in CO, UT & NM but not AZ. There the center one has to be a 5th wheel hook up

Roger, I wouldn't hire that guy either ! Looks like all he would ever do is stand and lean on your inventory.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Larry W,
    I have a 27 foot enclosed Shadow with the fold down tail gate plus the extended 6 feet ramps. We can load a Nascar one inch off the ground. I recommend the extra ramps and extra supports for the fold down tail gate. Be certain the trailer has jacks on each side to support the trailer when you are loading. The trailer will drop as much as 4 inches. In addition, the floor of the trailer should be raised via the reversal of the axles so the door of the 'Vette will open more easily. However, without ramps inside the trailer to raise the car, you will still be impaired from opening the door of a 'Vette. A vipor can be opened but not a 'Vette. The side door is imperative as well. Be certain the trailer has balancing weights inside the door or you will not be able to handle it.
    We computer designed the placement of the weight of the 'Vette over the axles. I recommend four wheel electric brakes as well.
    The other questions to answer relate to the lighting in the trailer. Mine has a light for each tie down and I have six. Two on each side in front and one per side in back(6000#). I select the set in front depending on the length of the car I am carrying. I pull the front tie downs straight and of course criss cross the back which is imperative. ONe othe thing relates to the 110 volt electric service capabilities. I recommend the installation of the service.
    The trailer tracks like a train.
    Call me at 713 725 9486 (cell) and we can talk further. I love towing the trailer and you might also. I do not care about the work. It is fun and why I do it. I also like putting my car up at night.
    Hope this is not too late and helps.
    Reagan Sirmons
    Pres
    Last edited by Reagan Sirmons; 11-10-2009 at 09:19 PM.

Larry W,
    I have a 27 foot enclosed Shadow with the fold down tail gate plus the extended 6 feet ramps. We can load a Nascar one inch off the ground. I recommend the extra ramps and extra supports for the fold down tail gate. Be certain the trailer has jacks on each side to support the trailer when you are loading. The trailer will drop as much as 4 inches. In addition, the floor of the trailer should be raised via the reversal of the axles so the door of the 'Vette will open more easily. However, without ramps inside the trailer to raise the car, you will still be impaired from opening the door of a 'Vette. A vipor can be opened but not a 'Vette. The side door is imperative as well. Be certain the trailer has balancing weights inside the door or you will not be able to handle it.
    We computer designed the placement of the weight of the 'Vette over the axles. I recommend four wheel electric brakes as well. You would also enjoy having 110 volt capabilities.
    The other questions to answer relate to the lighting in the trailer. Mine has a light for each tie down and I have six. Two on each side in front and one per side in back(6000#). I select the set in front depending on the length of the car I am carrying. I pull the front tie downs straight and of course criss cross the back which is imperative. The trailer tracks like a train.
    Call me at 713 725 9486 (cell) and we can talk further. I love towing the trailer and you might also. I do not care about the work. It is fun and why I do it. I also like putting my car up at night.
    Hope this is not too late and helps.
    Reagan Sirmons
    Pres

Southern Pines, NC (next door to Pinehurst)

Talking Great Solution!

Larry,

Reagan has hit on the perfect solution to your dilemma. Sell the stinking Government Motors 'Vette and trade up to a Viper. Oh yeah, sounds good to me!

Of course if you are really tied tight to the 'Vette you could do the country boy solution. Jack that baby up and slide a 4x4 frame under the plastic body! Goes anywhere four down and you reduce the possibility of getting paint chips because of the increase in bumper height!

Gee, I wonder which would draw more attention, a 'Vette equipped with Blue Ox base plates for towing four down or a jacked up 4x4 equipped one?

Seriously, oh you thought this was a serious commentary - not, I do hope you solve your dilemma soon so you can have a little peace of mind.

Will,

Have you been in the shine again?

No Corvette owner (real long term owners never ever call them Vettes) will ever consider a Viper. Ever.

Putting a 4 X 4 chassis under a Corvette is like making a stretch limo out of a Viper. It's just plain dumb. It's a southern thing.

Southern Pines, NC (next door to Pinehurst)

Unhappy No Shine Today

Jon,

You are right. Perhaps the solution then is for Larry B to load his Corvette into the trailer. Then his wife or significant other could close the trailer doors and proceed to drive the bus to its destination. That way Larry would not have to worry about dinging the plastic door on the inside of the trailer!

As for the Corvette owners not ever chosing a Viper over a Corvette, well it is amazing what Madison Avenue advertisements can do to some peoples brain cells. Comparing the Corvette against the Viper in testing and real world racing events, the Viper has been putting the bite on the Corvette since it was first introduced to the car world.

How all this relates to Prevost is beyond me. Maybe we all have too much time on our hands which of course is the devil's work!

Well the thoughts of taking our Corvette have been put off for a while. Trading our GM corvette for a Viper? You mean the thing that Fiat is closing down the production in 2010. Owing an orphan coach is one thing but owning a Fiat supported car is another. The Viper is fast but our Corvette is much faster than we will ever see. Have to settle for a meer 436 horsepower.