Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Webasto 12V Circulation Pump

Default Webasto 12V Circulation Pump

Anyone have a source for my circulation pump? I tried Grainger, can't match anything up... I'm going to call Webasto tomorrow and see if they have any suggestions. The impeller is broke and the motor has seen it's days.

IMG_3104_1.JPG

Default Sad to say

I got mine @ Marathon Dallas... almost 400.00 !! I think mine was 24V ?

Try Defender Marine............

Tom,

That is way different than mine so I suspect if you can find any 12V circulating pump that moves a similar volume it will work. I doubt if it has to be that exact model.

dalej Guest

Tom,

This came from my bus diary...

January 17, 2000 Bergstrom Manufacturing Company (815) 874-7821 is the company that makes the water pumps that circulate the wabasto water. They said to call 888.466.8461
    402.466.8461 that is Cornhusker Trucks to get the pumps. Part # is 6600-0784 or 868-192 talked to Brad Wayne or Jason
    and ordered one on January 18, 2000 for $215.?

Mine are 12v. I have one on hand if you need to use mine until you get one.
    Last edited by dalej; 10-13-2009 at 12:32 PM.

dreamchasers Guest

Tom,

On my Country Coach I replaced the bad pump with same model from March Pumps.

wabasto water cir pump.pdf

wabasto water cir pump manual.pdf

I recall the pump was $300 when purchases last year. Pricey by my standards, but the pump was high quality and the pump housing was brass. The wet area of the pump is sealed and the drive uses a magnet to turn the pump. A high quality pump,

Hopes this helps.

Hector

Thanks guys, I appreciate the help. After a long discussion with Webasto, we realized that Liberty down sized the pump inlet/outlet hose attachments. The standard Webasto U-4814 pump has 1 1/2" inlet/outlet, mine has 1". So, I managed to find a pump at MP Pumps with the proper GPH that will do the job, but I'll have to make some plumbing changes due to the position of the inlet/outlets. Cost of the new pump is $235.00. Nothings ever freaking easy!

Next question..... After quite a bit of coolant loss when removing the pump, will there be an air problem after re-filling the system at the expansion tank? I thought I heard someone say it will kind of purge itself. I usually fill the tank, run it until hot (thermostat open) dash heat on and then top off, not running the Webasto until things settle down.

My best success in refillling has been to fill it as much as possible, run the Webasto pump, refill, run the pump, refill, run the pump.......

There are bleeder valves up front to purge air but for me it was easier to run the pump.

There are devices that you can put on the cooling system where the radiator cap sits that will pull a vacuum on the system and you can then refill through that device,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Radia...ILFQ3aFRQ3a101

dreamchasers Guest

If anyone has used one of these vacuum refill devices, please post your experiences. When I change antifreeze this winter, I am considering purchasing one.

Hector

Just one caution, make sure the pump is rated for HOT liquids.... not all case/impeller components are suitable for hot water, as most manufacturers assume that the pump will not be used for heated liquids.

I'm sure you don't want to make this change again anytime soon...