Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OKC Rally Thanks

Howdy, howdy from East Tennessee.

Eric, Deb, Jay home in Huntsville, TN. Time to wash the bus and put back in the barn before the rain hits. Departed OKC 7:45am Central time, arrive Huntsville, TN at 11:45pm Central time. 16 hours total drive time.

We saw Rick/Wendy DeSilva a couple of times on I-40 east, and maybe Mike Anderson in Nashville when we think he passed us in the dark (but not sure, it was around 8pm).

Thanks, thanks, thanks. Those thanks are for: Jerry Winchester and the unbelievable, amazing slate of activities he arranged; Jim Skiff and his organizational skills; Mike Anderson for cooking and bartending and everything else you did; Truk for all his apron wearing involvement; Spouses of each of above, who I know were big time helpful in all the activities; Sponsors for bringing buses for us to see, beer for us to drink, food for us to eat, and providing meals; Seminar Presenters for making us more informed on so many topics; POG members who allowed us to tour their buses; and everyone for attending. We had great visits with everyone.

Our son Jay, who most of you know turned 13 on Saturday of the rally, said, "This is the best birthday I have ever had." Those words speak volumes about what we think of our special group. Thank you to all who celebrated with Jay.

Eric, Debbie, Jay Faires
    Huntsville, TN
    1992 Angola 40 foot

Default Great Rally

Double everything Eric said. GREAT RALLY!! Dan & Jo
    Danss 1999 Vogue, 03 Chev. Trailblazer

Dan,

We are all praying for Jo; please keep us posted. I'm sure everything will work out fine.

Re POG 8 I think that this was one of the best rallies yet!

Jerry, Mike, Loc, Skiff, and everyone else did a great job; the food was fabulous and the camaraderie was wonderful. My favorite was the oil rig followed closely by the United Diesel seminar. Whoever does POG 9 will have their work cut out for them.

Looking forward to the next rally!
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

A rally does not get much better than POG 8. Great job by all involved! JDUB, you really did a great job! Can't wait for the next one. Can't thank every one who played a part enough.

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas

Thumbs up

Thanks for a great POG 8. Arrived home yesterday after taking the long and liesurley route.

Wished I could have spent more time with everyone there, but the size of the rally prevented that.

See you next time or sooner.

JIM & BARB

Default Pogger are Unique

What a unique and great group of people. Thank you Jim, Jerry , Mike, Tom, Warren, Ken, Mike , Ray, and wives who put so much time and effort into OKC.
    Looking forward to helping with the next one.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

As everyone has posted, thanks for a wonderful rally. Kathy and I had a wonderful time, and are looking forward to the next rally.

Currently sitting in Kerrville until tomorrow, after driving in 4 days of rain from OKC to Memphas, down to Alabama (Fort Rucker), and then heading west.

A special thanks to all the gals who came out and finished 25 blankets for the wounded soldiers. Before the rally we were concerned if we would finish them all. We could have done quite a bit more!

Also, thank you for the generous donations. We collected a total of around $650 which will pay for the materials for all of our blankets, but will also fund another 8-10 blankets for another group. Well done!

Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Davis View Post
    As everyone has posted, thanks for a wonderful rally. Kathy and I had a wonderful time, and are looking forward to the next rally.

Currently sitting in Kerrville until tomorrow, after driving in 4 days of rain from OKC to Memphas, down to Alabama (Fort Rucker), and then heading west.

A special thanks to all the gals who came out and finished 25 blankets for the wounded soldiers. Before the rally we were concerned if we would finish them all. We could have done quite a bit more!

Also, thank you for the generous donations. We collected a total of around $650 which will pay for the materials for all of our blankets, but will also fund another 8-10 blankets for another group. Well done!

Ray
    Ray/Kathy,

We would like to see if there is an interest in the group at the Outdoor Resorts where we spend the winter in making some of these blankets.

Anything special we need to know?

Thanks,

Default More Thanks From Coffee Creek

More thanks from Joy and the crew at Coffee Creek Handicapped Riding Center!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Pictures Taken By Joy at the Charity Auction

Pictures Taken By Joy at the Charity Auction
    Attached Images Attached Images