Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: BUZZHIDLIGHTS

Patrick, I did a very intense upgrade to my headlights on my XLII. The big problem is the labor to do the job. I will try to e-mail you pictures of the job. All I can say is the difference between stock, even after I installed higher watt bulbs to what I have now is truly NIGHT and DAY!
    I do a lot of nighttime driving and I can now see not only the side of the road but much further ahead. I was in Yuma, AZ with my bus and took another POG member for a test drive, I believe he can back up my statement.
    Kevin

Pat, check with Loc. He recently did an upgrade, but I have not talked with him about how he likes the change.

Gary s.

In response to the negative on the buzzhidlights, we have only one set returned, I believe the install was above the ability of that cust.I have had them in my coach for four years I rarely run brights and have not run my fog lights since.It seems a lot of the pog members are looking everywhere but on there sponser page to find what really works.

Our xenon kit run $325.00 to your door. prevost runs two basic systems an older four light system, we can convert the outside two lens too a bright/dim
    and the inside lights are bright only,the single system around 1990 and later run a 9004 bulb.

Thx Bob

Smile

Bob,

We have xenon in the low beam on 04 H 345 is there a kit for the high beams and the lights in the bumper?

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Erion View Post
    Patrick, I did a very intense upgrade to my headlights on my XLII. The big problem is the labor to do the job. I will try to e-mail you pictures of the job. All I can say is the difference between stock, even after I installed higher watt bulbs to what I have now is truly NIGHT and DAY!
    I do a lot of nighttime driving and I can now see not only the side of the road but much further ahead. I was in Yuma, AZ with my bus and took another POG member for a test drive, I believe he can back up my statement.
    Kevin
    Yes, we took a ride in his bus and it's unbelievable, so I can certainly attest to the the effectiveness of Kevin's system as he said it is truly like night and day literally. Now, all I need to do is talk him into putting them in my XLII.

Kevin certainly wasn't understating when he stated that he done an intense upgrade. I reviewed the pictures sent(thanks Kevin) and can attest to the significant amount of work that went into the upgrade. I'm going to try the easy route first and order a set from BuzzLight. If however that doesn't cut it I've downloaded Kevins pictures and I'll corral him at a rally somewhere and take a few more notes and attempt to duplicate his design.

I just did the Xenon HID projector light upgrade with James Stallings at Xtreme Graphics. James did an additional upgrade (from his usual Prevost kit) which includes a 120MM low beam light instead of a 90MM low beam light. The rest of the upgrade includes a LED running light/turn signal and a 90MM high beam light. I haven't had a chance to take any pictures, but will try to post some at some point.

I had the chance to drive the bus (at night) for about three hours on I-10 between San Antonio and Kerrville and a couple of lonely Hill Country backroads. On those backroads it is darker than a cow's third stomach. The difference is amazing. The low beams are comparable to the old lights on high but the light is a cool blue instead of yellow (I like the cool blue). The high beams are (as Bo Pilgrim says) mindboggling. They project light about as far as I could see on the backroads and will blind anyone that comes near. We do a lot of night driving and the upgrade is remarkable. It is nice not to overdrive the low beams. Previously at 60 mph you could overdrive the lights. I haven't had the lights in the rain yet, but hope to experience the same type of results.

Loc - 2008 Marathon XLII - Houston

Quote Originally Posted by chtree View Post
    Bob,

We have xenon in the low beam on 04 H 345 is there a kit for the high beams and the lights in the bumper?

Chris
    Hi Chris, give my a call at 320.214.8744 cent time bus hrs 8 to 5

Thx Bob

Default GE Nighthawk

Quote Originally Posted by Orren Zook View Post
    Roger, I tried the Silverstar's and didn't like the blueish tint and short lifespan of that bulb. I am now using GE Nighthawk bulb, about the same price but what an improvement compared to the Sylvania bulb. Were you using the Silverstar Ultra?
    Orren: I just now thought to check the package, the Silverstars I installed are not the "ultra". After your comments about the Nighthawk I think I will try a set of them. Although the Silverstar made a big improvement over the standard bul bs.

Maybe it won't take me so long to report back this time. My night driving is very limited and most of the time I let my wife have the priviledge of driving at night. She 'Looks" better than I do.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Quote Originally Posted by rfoster View Post
    She 'Looks" better than I do.
    Roger did you mean to say, " She SEES Better than I do....., No never mind you said it correct !

Gary S.
    Last edited by Gary & Peggy Stevens; 03-03-2010 at 12:37 PM.