Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BUZZHIDLIGHTS

Hybrid View

Default HID Lights

I for one anxiously await your review and comments as I am of the same opinion of the Prevost Headlights.

I did change my bulbs to silverstar which helped.

My cars have the HID lights which are excellent at night, the bus needs an improvement.

I don't think my age has anything to do with it.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Orren Zook Guest

Roger, I tried the Silverstar's and didn't like the blueish tint and short lifespan of that bulb. I am now using GE Nighthawk bulb, about the same price but what an improvement compared to the Sylvania bulb. Were you using the Silverstar Ultra?

Default GE Nighthawk

Quote Originally Posted by Orren Zook View Post
    Roger, I tried the Silverstar's and didn't like the blueish tint and short lifespan of that bulb. I am now using GE Nighthawk bulb, about the same price but what an improvement compared to the Sylvania bulb. Were you using the Silverstar Ultra?
    Orren: I just now thought to check the package, the Silverstars I installed are not the "ultra". After your comments about the Nighthawk I think I will try a set of them. Although the Silverstar made a big improvement over the standard bul bs.

Maybe it won't take me so long to report back this time. My night driving is very limited and most of the time I let my wife have the priviledge of driving at night. She 'Looks" better than I do.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Quote Originally Posted by rfoster View Post
    She 'Looks" better than I do.
    Roger did you mean to say, " She SEES Better than I do....., No never mind you said it correct !

Gary S.
    Last edited by Gary & Peggy Stevens; 03-03-2010 at 12:37 PM.

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

Yesterday, I changed my headlight bulbs to the Silverstar Ultra's. What a difference! It only took about an hour, including sanding and buffing out the lenses. I have not driven it since the change, but there is an obvious improvement. They are a bit pricey compared to the standard bulbs, about 50 bucks, and the life is not projected to be as long, but I think they are worth it.

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Yesterday, I changed my headlight bulbs to the Silverstar Ultra's. What a difference! It only took about an hour, including sanding and buffing out the lenses. I have not driven it since the change, but there is an obvious improvement. They are a bit pricey compared to the standard bulbs, about 50 bucks, and the life is not projected to be as long, but I think they are worth it.
    Well done, Pete. Can you give us the part number for the Ultras? Thanks.

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

Ted, they are the Sylvania 9004 silverstar ultras. Got them at O'reilly auto parts. Don't know if there is one in your part of the woods or not, but you should be able to find the at any auto parts store. Be sure they are the ULTRAS.

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas

I for one anxiously await your review and comments as I am of the same opinion of the Prevost Headlights.

My cars have the HID lights which are excellent at night, the bus needs an improvement.

Agree completely - after driving my Audi it feels like I am navigating the bus by candle light.

This is not in keeping with attempts to use the latest technology, but my 87 had the quad sealed beam headlights which were later replaced with the Ford plastic ones on Rivet coaches. Everybody was in a mad rush to update the front of their bus to the new style headlights when the big single lights came out in 92 or thereabouts.

Within a short period of time the folks that made the change were complaining about how bad the new style lights were.

I wish I had those quad headlights now. On low beams they were good, but on high beams it was like daylight. If I could get the Liberty light surround castings and new sheet metal I would seriously consider going retro.

sawdust_128 Guest

Who you kiddin there? Your age even affects my headlights.