Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Next POG Together

Elevation, Snowfall, and Sunshine

The town of Breckenridge sits at 9,603 ft./ 2,927 m. and receives an average snowfall of 250-300 inches per year. Our average days of sunshine are at a wonderfully high number of 300. Sunshine, though not always warm in the high country, helps to prevent the winter blahs and allows for a nice supply of vitamin D. People visiting our mountain town may notice an uplifting quality in our locals. Some believe sun helps with joyous spirits, however most locals live here because they like to have fun.

Speaking of the sun, it is good to remember to use sun block when visiting Breckenridge and surrounding mountain towns, even on the cloudy days. The sun is more intense in the high country, and you would hate to ruin your vacation because of extreme sunburn. Also, the reflection of the sun on the snow is intense and sunglasses or goggles are

Karen and I also vote for Kerrville being the next Rally location.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

dreamchasers Guest

I second Tiger Run being a very, very nice park. I also highly recommend supplemental oxygen, if will will prevent altitude headaches. We enjoyed our time this summer there, but both Lee and I suffered from altitude headaches. I have never used supplemental oxygen before, will it prevent altitude headaches?

Four us 4X4 lovers, their are plenty of high mountain pass roads to test your metal.

Hector

Default Great RV Park

Here is a Resort in Colorado, at Colorado Springs. Garden of the Gods.

http://www.coloradocampground.com/index.htm

Its about 1 1/2 hours south of Denver.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&as...ed=0CBIQ8gEwAA

Lots of things to see;

http://www.coloradospringschamber.org/

I have been to this area several times and it is absolutely stunning. It would be a wonderful place for Rally.
    Last edited by garyde; 10-11-2009 at 09:58 PM.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Gary,

I stayed at this place in Colorado Springs in June and it blew. Pretty unlevel, lots of trees and they had power problems. It was also tight for a 45'er.

But there is a great Mexican food place across the street, so I'm okay with having a rally there......

Default Next POG?

I would also agree that Tiger Run is a nice, nice RV resort.

But, but the altitude is like someone the size of Jdub sitting on your chest. It is tough to breathe. It is nose bleed heights for sure.

My bus works best 1500 to 3000 feet or at sea level.

I vote for Kerrville or surprise me with something really nice. Ken Robertson tell us more about Louisana???
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Winchester View Post
    Gary,

I stayed at this place in Colorado Springs in June and it blew. Pretty unlevel, lots of trees and they had power problems. It was also tight for a 45'er.

But there is a great Mexican food place across the street, so I'm okay with having a rally there......
    They say they have some new 65 foot pull thru's so I will call and get more info.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Quote Originally Posted by garyde View Post
    They say they have some new 65 foot pull thru's so I will call and get more info.
    Gary De:

Can they provide for 60 or more buses?
    Can they accomadate 120+ people for indoor activities, meals, meetings?

Jim Skiff, please provide us with all of the specific things we need to look for in a campground, cause some of us are already scouting out for next years Rally. We need to know what to look for in a possible site.

Gary S.

Quote Originally Posted by garyde View Post
    We'll be coming back from our Wyoming hunt in about ten days. Jan and I will try and make an overnight stop at this place. If the light is right (that's for you Lloyd) I'll take a few pictures.
    There has got to be a rally worthy RV resort somewhere in lower altitude Colorado. We like Kerrville but it would be nice to go to a new park.

Default Next POG Rally

Look at:

www.buckhornlake.com

www.MillCreekRanchResort.com

These are both first class parks. They have the room, the electricity and the meeting rooms. Canton is just east of the DFW area on I-20. Kerrville is just west of San Ant on I-10.

No altitude problems involved. I also like these as being a central location for all members.

If you want a mountain location look at:

www.roadrunnerrv.info

This park is located in Red River, New Mexico. Red River is located near Taos, New Mexico. This area has many trails for the off road crowd. This park closes around the middle of September for the winter.

Take a moment and look at these. I thank you find these in the top of the nation.