Thread: Opportunity for POG OKC workshop!

sawdust_128 Guest

Default Opportunity for POG OKC workshop!

Alright so I am not being entirely truthfull. I am having two issues.

1. Freshwater fill is not shutting off when full and I am overflowing the freshwater tank. I've heard "solenoid" Can someone show me where the pesky rascal is? If it turns out to be the case, any local sources?

2. Headhunter Mach V is cycling until it shuts down. Checking the docs, leak in intake plumbing or blocked inlet filter. Any other suggestions?

Ed,

Explain further what you mean about the pump cycling until it shuts down. Short cycling on some coaches is due to lack of air pressure in the accumulator tank, which is built into the headhunter pump.

sawdust_128 Guest

I believe I found the problem. Actually Jim &n Linda (Jelmore ) have joined us here at the balloon festival. Jim arrived and found me poking around in the bay. Like a good POG guy that he is, he joined right in. He suggested I test the presure of the accumulator. Low and behold, filled with lots of water. Drained it, checked the presure and no pump cycling. ! I suspect that a new tank is in order. !

What was happeneing you can well imagine. However, it was doing it enough that without any use of water, the pump would heat and trip the thermal protects.

On the other issue, I realized that there was an issue with the water at the OKC rally resort. As we all know, the resort was undergoing some major remodel and addition work. It turns out that there was considerable debris in the water. Remember, I was at one of the lowest points (twice) in the resort.

I found the debris as I disconnected to leave. I ran the line until it cleared. In just a matter of a few minutes, when I again ran the line, again lots of crud. So, I have taken to exercising the fill valve and it is comming back to normal.