Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Front won't go up or down?

Quote Originally Posted by HarborBus View Post
    OK Jon I'll try that, I sure wish I had an extra coil and valve on hand.

You do. Verify the rear left and right are functioning properly, and if so you know they are working. Use one of them to replace the top one.

Note Tom's post. Start by swapping coils.

Yes, I have verified that the right and left rear raise and lower as they are supposed to I have done it several times. So I will use one of those solenoids for in place of the top one. One question, is the auxiliary tank the little pancake tank in the compartment under the seat? If so how do I turn off the aux pump to keep it from trying to refill if I have to replace the valve. My pump for that tank is a 12 volt pump at the back of the generator.

That's a Marathon question I cannot answer. I presume you can turn off the aux pump and bleed the aux air system down to zero if you have to change the valve and not just the coil. On my coach I have a connection for an air hose in that compartment as well as drain cocks on my pressure regulator bowl so I can dump air in the aux system at either place.

If all you change is the coil that has no impact on air pressure. Unless the Marathon suspension system is different than the Prevost Level Low (apart from HWH) dumping aux air will not change the height of the bus as long as the key is off, but anytime you are working on any part of the bus, either keep your body and all its parts out from beneath the bus, or support the chassis so it cannot drop.

you can turn that air compressor off at the small round circuit breaker back in the bedroom behind the dark plastic door. Look for the one marked aux air and push it, it should pop out, thats off.
    Last edited by Kevin Erion; 10-25-2009 at 06:51 PM.

Jon, thanks for all your help it has been raining here today so haven't gotten back to it, I'll see what the weather man serves up tomorrow.

Kevin, I have one that is labeled air compressor but when I push on the small round circuit breakers they don't pop out. It would seem that they should do something in order to turn off a circuit.

Push it harder. It will pop out.

Jerry, Well done you are right, I pushed harder and they do pop out. This is going to be a loooong and painful exercise for the "brain trust" to bring me up to speed on this bus. We are leaving 11/1 for warmer country so I'll get to take stuff apart, panels off, and do some investigating.

Thanks everyone for all the help so far. Whats the quota in stupid questions, Like one a week, month.............?

No problem. If you had posted this after a couple of months, the answer would have been, "Put your man panties on and push it like a big dog not like Truk opening a new case of sheep".

You'll know when you reach the statute of limitations...............

Elliott, You're in luck. We all get at least one stupid question for each stupid response we are about to receive. The number of stupid questions never catch up with the stupid responses, so we never exceed our quota of stupid questions.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!