Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Front won't go up or down?

rodburtonmusic Guest

I just had to change that very same valve. Same thing...left and right worked great, front lift, nothing. It was an easy fix..even for me.

Where's the best place though to get additional valves like this? I happened to have access to an extra, but would like to have a few more on hand.

Rod,
    What did you have to replace?

rodburtonmusic Guest

Sorry..it was the norgren (sp) valve. The one that operates the up/down only. Very easy to swap out...once you isolate which one it is.

Southern Pines, NC (next door to Pinehurst)

Default Pictures help.

Rod,

If you can get an angle to take a picture it might help Harborbus find his.

Just a thought.

Elliot, We are finally home and I can get back on the computer. Yes, by all means swap stuff around to isolate the problem. Anytime you have two or more parts and one of them is in a system that doesn't work switching parts around helps you find out which parts are OK by process of elimination, or which are bad.

The reason some coaches have four solenoids is because over the years both Prevost and the converters have made numerous running updates and changes to the suspension system. Hector's program that shows the workings of a system is generic, but the operating logic is correct, while the specifics are going to vary from model year to model year and converter to converter.

For anyone to have a perfect suspension system the only way to be assured of that is to actually ignore the operating logic and rebuild or replace every component after carefully bench testing all parts for leaks or proper operation. To repair the system, use the program Hector created as a guide to isolate only those parts that are actually associated with the defective part of the total system.

Default What now???

I finally got a chance to see if I could fix this problem. I have now determined that if I put the selector switch on the front position I can exhaust the air and the front goes down. Then I tried to raise it from that dumped position by pushing the up switch, nothing. Then if I put the selector switch to the off position the front will come up to, what I believe is, ride height. I removed the rear right solenoid and put it where the front solenoid is then I turned the selector switch to right position, pushed the up switch, nothing. What now, am I missing something?

Elliot,

What appears to be happening is when your go to the travel or ride position the center solenoid is functioning as it should allowing aux air to flow through the ride height control valves.

When you go to the manual position and attempt to raise the front it fails because one of the top two solenoid valves or valve coils is failing to function. When you attempt to raise the front manually both of the top two solenoid valves come into play. My guess without getting further details from you is that the second one down is functioning correctly because the bus will go down, but the top one is faulty because it will not go up.

Since it appears the third one down is funtioning as intended don't change that one. It appears the second one down is also OK. So swap the top one with one of the bottom two and see if the problem with the front goes away. If it does you know what part has failed. If that does not solve it report back with details and I will go further into the system but right now my guess is with the solenoid valve or valve coil.

Elliott,

I'll stay out of this since Jon is helping you, but remember, each assembly has two parts, the coil and valve. If your just swapping the coil and not getting any results, it could be the valve that is bad.

IMG_3108_1.JPG

OK Jon I'll try that, I sure wish I had an extra coil and valve on hand.

Quote Originally Posted by HarborBus View Post
    I finally got a chance to see if I could fix this problem. I have now determined that if I put the selector switch on the front position I can exhaust the air and the front goes down. Then I tried to raise it from that dumped position by pushing the up switch, nothing. Then if I put the selector switch to the off position the front will come up to, what I believe is, ride height. I removed the rear right solenoid and put it where the front solenoid is then I turned the selector switch to right position, pushed the up switch, nothing. What now, am I missing something?
    Did you dump the front air and try to raise the coach again with the traded out coil and solonoid.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide