Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone near Huntsville, Al

jimmie johnson Guest

Default Anyone near Huntsville, Al

I am a new member and this is my first post. I sure would like to be in OKC with you, but we are headed to the Shrimp Festival in Gulf Shores AL Oct 8-11. We have a son who is a senior in High School and prefers the beach to busses. I prefer busses! I would be interested in finding anone who lives nearby to talk "bus". I pruchased a 93 Liberty earlier this year and drove it here from Phoenix (no issues). I am learning and greatly appreciating the Liberty. jimmie johnson

Welcome to the POG Forum, Jimmy. Lot's of Liberty knowledge around here. Smart money would make the run over to OKC, leave a day early and be in Gulf Shores on the 8th. Hope you are enjoying the bus, sure a fun way to break the bank.

Jimmie,

You are in the right place. If you got questions on that 93 Liberty, we got answers. On occasion they are the correct ones.

There are a lot of Liberty owners here and a lot of knowledge. We have the ability to completely disassemble your bus, and can probably get a few parts pack together,

Spend as much time as you can reading the articles and information sharing on the site. The knowledge you will gain will be worth the $20 dues to join POG.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmie johnson View Post
    I am a new member and this is my first post. I sure would like to be in OKC with you, but we are headed to the Shrimp Festival in Gulf Shores AL Oct 8-11.
    Jimmie:

I think, like Ted, that you should come to OKC for as much of it as you can, and then head to the beach. That way you get two vacations. If family doesn't want to join you for OKC, then come alone. Lots of people to visit with.

Welcome to POG.

Eric Faires
    Huntsville, TN

Welcome Jimmie. I am in Tuscaloosa right now through the weekend with my bus

Got to admit, you Bama folks got the BBQ down pretty well. Had an extended lunch of sweet tea and ribs at Dreamland and now catching up on computer stuff in the A/C comfort of my bus. Pretty good way to fly on a Friday afternoon.

Welcome Jimmy, we will be arriving late Saturday night in OKC (because my wife thinks it is a sin to miss a wedding party). It's o.k. if you miss a few days of the rally - think how much fun you'll have meeting everyone.

We sure would like to meet you and see your bus.

I'll bet your teenage son would love it if you would just give him a credit card and say "we'll be back in a week - have fun!" Then you could come to the rally and not have to worry about a thing.

See how easy it is!
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Welcome to POG, you're in the right place.

And congratulations on having the foresight to purchase a Liberty

Try to join in on a rally..... we'll be happy to help you spend your money on bus stuff you don't even know you desperately needed

Jimmie,

I'm not far from Huntsville as the crow flies to NW Georgia, probably 100 plus miles or so. Be glad to hook up with you and tell lies, I learned most of them from Jon. While your at Gulf Shores, take a run to Bella Terra, Liberty has an event there right after our rally in OKC and I think it starts about the 9th.

Since our vintage is close, 93 vs 94, it would be great to compare notes. Keep in touch and maybe we can hook after the rally sometime.

Welcome to POG...

PS - I'll wear my 48 shirt, even though I know your not the Nascar JJ.

Quote Originally Posted by truk4u View Post
    Jimmie,

I'm not far from Huntsville as the crow flies to NW Georgia, probably 100 plus miles or so. Be glad to hook up with you and tell lies, I learned most of them from Jon. While your at Gulf Shores, take a run to Bella Terra, Liberty has an event there right after our rally in OKC and I think it starts about the 9th.
    Jimmie, we just returned from Bella Terra this afternoon. We'd love to go back for the Shrimp Festival, but the wife's work schedule won't allow it.

We're about 200 highway miles from Huntsville in Woodstock, GA - just north of Hotlanta. We'd welcome any opportunity to meet up and talk buses!

Welcome to POG! Enjoy!

Default Howdy

Hi Jimmie, welcome aboard....

Keep an eye on that Truk man!
    Last edited by jello_jeep; 09-27-2009 at 05:52 PM.