Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OKC Rally parking and general info

Quote Originally Posted by Gary & Peggy Stevens View Post
    I wanted to ask if anybody has an electric / gas cart or golf cart that Peg can use while we are at the rally to help her get around?

She fractured her right foot Labor Day weekend, and her foot is in a cast so getting around is very difficult for her. ( she fractured it kicking me in the butt, if you need to know )

If anybody has a cart we can borrow, we would appreciate you letting us know. gstevens7@comcast.net

They don't have anything at the resort for rent.

Thanks
    I never thought of you as a hard ass, Gary. She must have really been peeved.
    How about I bring you a wheelchair so you can roll the Princess around wherever she wants to go.
    Also, you might check around in Houston and see about renting a handicap scooter for a week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by tdelorme View Post
    I never thought of you as a hard ass, Gary. She must have really been peeved. How about I bring you a wheelchair so you can roll the Princess around wherever she wants to go. Also, you might check around in Houston and see about renting a handicap scooter for a week or so.
    Thanks Ted, but NO Wheelchair will be needed. That will just mean more work for me. Besides I don't need her getting any stronger than she already is, by pushing herself around in a wheelchair. I have already lost my edge..

I will check into an electric scooter for the week, here in Sugar Land, Thanks.

Gary S.

Gary & Peggy--I found two listings for Golf Cart rental in the area. They are Justice Golf Car--405-634-0571 and Fore Wheeler Golf Cars--405-682-8444. I think we could secure a wheelchair if you want to go that way. Also, have you considered the little carts you place your knee on to roll around? I have seen those since I broke my heel a few years ago and they look quite functional without the size constraints.

Let us know if we can help from this end. We live in OKC.

Carla
    405-818-7709 (C)
    405-330-6633 (H)

Thanks Carla for your information and help.

I did find a "NeeBop" kneeling scooter for Peg yesterday and rented it for a month. Peg just loves it. It is so much easier than crutches.

I also found some small electric scooters which would make it easier at the rally for her to get around the park, but not sure till tomorrow if they rent short term.

Thanks again.

Gary S.