Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OKC Rally parking and general info

Default OKC Rally parking and general info

To all,

I am writing this at the request of Jim Skiff and the campground.

There are issues here concerning parking that are not apparent when looking at the campground map.
    1. The office is at the lowest point, the east side of the park rises up at a fairly step rate. The west side is a little less steep.
    2. The section on the map marked E30 thru E37 is still under construction and should be done in time for the rally, weather permitting.
    3. There are sites here that look like they would be big enough for a bus but due to the steep approach angle, a bus will not fit.
    4. The office here is making an effort to put everyone close to the people they want to be next to, but due to some sites not being able to hold a bus, they can not get everyone excately where they might want to be.

A NOTE of CAUTION:
    Some sites like the one I am in, E10, look like a pull thru on the map. It is a pull in, back out due to the VERY steep angle on the front third of the pad. I had to raise the rear of the bus as high as I could and drop the nose to get into the site with out dragging my tail.
    So when you look at your site before you park think about raising up on your bags as high as you can. Now don't get all crazy on me about this, it is not as bad as it sounds and will only apply in a few cases.

I will post a few pictures latter today to give an idea of what things look like.
    It is a nice place and I a sure everyone will like it here. Let the party begin.
    Last edited by ajducote; 09-20-2009 at 12:14 PM.

"So when you look at your site before you park think about raising up on your bags as high as you can"

Points to the serious concerns regarding air bag replacement performance issues!

A few pictures of our site.

The new section they are building.

Do we know before we get there which space we will be in? Also, how do I find out if we can get in a day early?
    Thanks.

Bonnie

Question

Andre,you mentioned they are trying to get everyone parked close to whomever they want to be by.
    What about the assigned spaces by each rally participants name as shown on the POG site.
    Does your comment mean that the assignment as listed is bogus and not the way it will be when we arrive and check in?

sawdust_128 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bonhall41 View Post
    Do we know before we get there which space we will be in? Also, how do I find out if we can get in a day early?
    Thanks.

Bonnie

I believe that this has been posted by Skiff.

If you are getting here early, call the office to reserve any days outside the rally dates. The place was almost full this weekend. I do not know if it is like that all the time.
    405-475-5514

I do not know how accurate Jim's list is. I do know some changes have been made. I will try to get a complete list tomorrow.

Jim's list is on on the POG site under "Articles".

The office told me they have called a few people to change their location for some reason or another. The lady in the office, I believe her name is Crystal, is trying to make everyone happy. I do know that some sites have opened up that they thought would not be available. Looks like it might all be a work on progress to some degree.

I do no think anyone should get all excited about this. This type of stuff is normal when a campground tries to get 60 or so coaches and their owners parked and happy. It will all work out. We will have a good time, and if not, just drink more until you are having a good time.

I am just passing on information as I get it from Jim and the campground.

Andre,

Because I am doing a coach electrical system seminar all I need for a site location is to be parked next to a coach with two alternators that can be used as a demo for the seminar. My original assignment had me next to Roger and his coach will work for that purpose so just ask them to keep that in mind. My site and Roger's are lsited as E-18 and E-19 respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by bonhall41 View Post
    Thanks. Bonnie
    Bonnie, here is the actual web site http://www.prevostownersgroup.com/pu...ntype=Articles which has you guys listed in W15. Go to http://www.twinfountainsrvpark.com/Site/sitemap.html to see exactly where you are sitting in the park.

Gary S.