Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Sporting Clay Shoot - OKC Rally

Jim,

I will count both of you in. I'm not going to turn in a final number to them until Saturday after the rally starts. I have to think there are some lurkers out there who would love to go do this and they just need some arm twisting (which we will do Friday night), and the reality is, we can add folks when we walk up to the place, but I wanted to try and get the guns / gear / shells all lined up and not have a fire drill between the drilling rig tour and lunch.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

JDUB

Wal-Mart has trap loads for 20.97 per case. I bought 2 cases yesterday of # 8's.

Default Safe ??

So, I've dug up my old 12g. I haven't used it in at least 15 years, but it's been locked in an attic, inside a leather zip-up case.

After all these years, with a good cleaning, would this still be safe to fire? I would assume so, but will defer to those with more shooty experience. (shooty = technical term! )

Also, I found two boxes of shells, which were probably brand new about the same time, i.e. 15+ years. Stored in a garage. Safe to use, or should I get rid of them and just purchase new?

Thanks for any help.

Ray

PS: If anyone would like to help me with a proper cleaning of my gun in OKC before the shoot, I would appreciate it.

Ray,

I carry a gun cleaning kit with me (don't ask) and I'm sure there are brushes and swabs for shotgun cleaning.

Of course, there's bore cleaner and gun oil.... so if you need it, you're welcome to it.

Ray, the gun should be fine. Get one of us who shoots on a regular basis to take a look at it, but I can't imagine what could have happened in storage that would be a problem. The shells, well they are most likely fine, but if it were me, I would buy new ones. Bring them along and let's take a look. I'm bringing a thousand rounds of 12ga and will sell you whatever you need for $5.50 a box. Travel safe and we'll see you next week.

Thanks Paul and Ted!! We'll see you there. The shotgun is under the bed!!

Wow, I'm almost ready to go!

ray

Ray,

Not to worry, we'll help you take it apart and clean it. Bring the ammo, they may or may not be good for skeet.

Default More fire Power

JDUB: If it is not too late sign me and the toolman Jim Keller up for the sheep shoot if it doesn't conflict with the oil rig visit. You have been spear heading both events and I know that is an extra load on a celebrity - but you are doing a fantastic job of it.

We just come out of the Cabellos store in Sidney Nebraska with a brand hammer new 12 gauge and a case of ammo. Also picked up a set of ear protection and safety glasses.

We is loaded for bear.
    Colorado and Utah bound.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost