Last one of these I promise.

We have an opportunity to shoot at a great sporting clay venue just north of OKC on Monday. This place, Silverleaf, is generally not open on Monday but because of a National Guard shoot, they will be able to accomodate us on an alternate course. I have shot here several times and it is very well done.

Anyway, to make this fit my schedule of having to lead the rig tour in the morning, I think the best thing to do is set it up for the afternoon. We can either take our lunch out there or hit a place on the way then schedule the shooting to start at 1pm.

So, I need to know;

(1) How many plan on shooting with us Monday afternoon?

(2) Do you need a shotgun?

(3) Eat lunch on the way or take your lunch?

(4) Do you need a ride out there?

(5) Do you need shooting glasses and ear plugs?

I have four carts available for us so some can walk and some can ride, but at least we can put all our gear on the carts.

You will need a minimum of 100 rounds and if you need to warm up or have any do-overs, I would say its closer to 120 rounds. You can buy shells there, but buying them at Academy or BPS or WalMart might be a little cheaper.

Lastly, you do not need much, if any, experience to enjoy this. If you can shoulder and fire a shotgun and not shoot any of us in the process, then a good time is waiting for you. We had quite a few first time shooters in Sevierville and Branson, so don't be afraid to try this out. Shooting sporting clays is like playing golf with a shotgun, so if you want to know more about it, send me a note and I will fill you in.