Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Oil Change Costs?

Thanks Gordon, that's very useful information for future comparison as I don't change my own oil.

sticks Guest

Unhappy

Just received a letter from Liberty regarding their maintenance program. WOW!$13550/year.What is their labor charges their? At $200/hour, that would be about 60+ hours + fluids and whatever else. How can this be?

Sticks I would have to ask for a detailed list of what they plan on doing! The figure may include things like batteries and tires amortized over their life time. If you do get a break down of cost let us know I would be interested. Rick

Quote Originally Posted by sticks View Post
    Just received a letter from Liberty regarding their maintenance program. WOW!$13550/year.What is their labor charges their? At $200/hour, that would be about 60+ hours + fluids and whatever else. How can this be?
    There is the possibility the $13,550/year fee is to be looked at as the premium of term insurance

JIM

I adhere to a reasonably comprehensive maintenance schedule on my bus that is biased towards preventive maintenance. For example my tires come off at 6 years, my batteries at 5, my brake chambers at 5, and air bags at 10 and those replacement schedules are not based on condition, but age.

Give me $13000 a year and I will have responsibility for your coach reliability and my price includes parts. Liberty does not. Parts are extra.

In fact if anyone thinks that is a good deal to spend $13,000 at Liberty, plus pay for whatever parts are needed, get in touch with me and lets schedule the work. I can work one week a month, make a fortune, get to meet a lot of nice folks, and grin all the way to the bank.

I'm just kidding about scheduling the work. I don't need or want a job.

My Libertys have been so reliable I doubt if my annual repair costs have averaged more than $100. I admit I do my own work, but I still have to buy parts if they go bad. My biggest and most time consuming repairs are replacing light bulbs. Occasionally I will tighten cabinet screws. Once on the old coach I had to replace a toe space heater and weld my fresh water holding tank. I did replace a refrigerator this year (I did not choose to repair the old one) and I do have a battery expense every five years.

The chassis does require time and money, but that is planned and routine. There are fluid changes, filter changes, air system maintenance including the dryer, chasing air leaks occasionally, replacing air bags and brake chambers and Norgren valves, plus dealing with the occasional hub seal.

Spread over the years there is no way any bus should need $13000 plus parts in repairs or maintenance.

My Libertys have been so reliable I doubt if my annual repair costs have averaged more than $100

A-1 - We need to talk! I really need to know the secret to 100 bucks a year for repairs...

It's simple. Nothing breaks.

If I disregard the new refrigerator (total cost including assistance getting it in, the refrigerator, the RO system $4000) and batteries which everybody regardless of conversion has to replace I haven't had to replace anything except the 3 Cruise Airs (less than $700 each, I did the install) and a toe space heater. 20 years of ownership this coming year.

The coaches had the same water pump, TVs, sound systems, etc. as when new. Never repaired a leaky faucer, replaced or repaired a drain valve, fill valve, water heater, propane furnace, Webasto, etc.

Virtually every dollar spent on maintenance and repairs has been on the chassis side on both coaches.

Default CC upgrade

Well -- I can see right now Its necessary to upgrade to the Liberty remote controlled powered poop shoot, so I can be in the Liberty League. I may even step up to the deluxe model - the one that don't stink.hehe

I wonder on one hand why Liberty would publish that kind of a deal, that would give some potential new owners & Shoppers heart failure. On the other hand - it they get a couple of takers, I suppose it helps pay their bills.

I have never spent that kind of money on repairs to the house or chassis in the coaches I have had. I just pick up Jon's take offs.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Sticks,I have a question,is your bed set at an angle of about 15- 20 degrees from the side wall or is it square with the wall?

sticks Guest

the bed is at an angle. Even with slide in you can walk around it. Nice feature when you're dry camping in a lot somewhere. My last 4 slide Travel Supreme was inhabitable unless slides were all out. Generator is so quiet I forget it's on. Still getting used to Webasto noises at night ,but not bad ,just new.Have fun!