Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MARKER LIGHTS ALL NIGHT

Thanks for the conformation, Pete. Mine all came from the New Jersey facility. On the rear set, red on top??

I got the fire drill delivery deal awhile back when I ordered new rear lenses, but I did get everything reasonably fast.

I don't have the problems with Prevost that others have experienced. I always get excellent service at the price quoted. Of course I'm talking parts ordered over the telephone. I'm fast learner and one trip to Ft. Worth a couple of years ago for an OTR air fix taught me all I needed to know.

Brake light lenses got me pulled over Sunday. Headed home to Austin from Arlington, local cop pulls in behind me on I35E in Hillsboro and throws on his lights. Tells me my brake lights are shorting out. One is bright and the other dim, but when I exited the freeway, they flip flopped. Told him I would check it out and get it repaired. After a short cross examination, he lets me go ("who you carrying driver?").

I go to the back of the bus and have Jenny pump the brakes. I then notice that the lenses have a directional design to direct light away from the center line such that if you are to one side or another, the far light looks dimmer. No short or problem. I had never noticed the outward directional design of the lenses which I guess is to ensure vehicles in the adjacent lane can see your brake lights.

Anyway, good enough reason for the local guy to pull me over and see if we had Willy in there I suppose.

Hey guys, I just read these posts about some of you wanting to replace your old side marker lights with NEW Old marker lights.

Thanks to Jdub, and Loc replacing their Old marker lights with the NEW LED marker lights, I can bring a bag of nice working OLD Marker lights, amber and red to OKC for you to pick over? Let me know if you want me to drag them up there for you?

No cost for the lights, Just a small diesel charge for bringing em.

Gary S.

Obviously those slide repairs are making Gary seek multiple ways of increasing income. Perhaps a tin cup and dark glasses and a busy street corner may be Gary's next venue.

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

Ted, mine has the red on the bottom, don't know if that is correct or not, but that is the way mine are.

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

Gary, I will take a couple for spares. Thanks

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas

I will bring them with me to OKC.

Actually JDUB has some too, if he wants to bring his spares for everybody to choose from? JDUB works in the oil field, so he doesn't need any diesel compensation for bringing em.

Gary S.

Orren Zook Guest

The red lens on the rear/side is the marker light, amber is for the turn indicator.