Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BUS HUBCAPS

Jeff Bayley Guest

Jim- This thread floating back to the top from the most recent post by Oreen. Sorry I don't know Oreen's answer but I think I can point you in the right direction for the center cap which I still currently need. I think I need the same one you do. I found and emailed these two places:

http://www.realwheels.com/coverup.html

http://www.hubking.com/

Hubking already told me they don't have mine. I got a call from someone at real wheels and emailed him the picture but he failed to get back to me. I just resent the email to him again now.

Oops. I put the picture of my hub cap and I thin your's also and I accidentally put a picture of my antenna that i'm about to post somewhere else. Since I can't seem to remove it, might as well ask if anyone reading this post knows of a good antenna to upgrade to for receiving digital signal that the local stations are now using instead of analog. I'm not certain if I need to replace the antenna. ............ehh, I should be writing about this on the correct thread. If you know, find the post I'm about to put or email me. Let me find where to put the antenna question.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jeff Bayley; 06-25-2010 at 06:07 AM.

My bus never had any type cover over the drive axle, so I just ordered and installed new stainless covers for the drive wheels. Did not have to remove the rear wheels to make the change. Removed 5 nuts from each wheel, installed the covers and replaced the nuts. 2nd time I've used my X12 wrench.

Also changed the 4 small round covers on the steer and tag axles from chrome to stainless and changed all 60 of the nut covers to stainless. All for about $200.

The first picture is the "before" on the rear. The axle behind the center cover was just painted gray. I also got tired of having to frequently get the rust off the chrome nut covers. One thing I need to clarify: the 4th picture shows the front or tag wheel and the lug nut covers have dents in them. The pictures do not show the new nut covers, because I ordered the wrong ones and had to return them. I now have the right ones, but I made the pictures last week. Everything I ordered is nice quality 304 stainless.

I had trouble getting the pictures to show up as normal, so you may have to click on the attachments below if you want to see them. If anyone can tell me what went wrong, I will appreciate it.

Attachment 6753Attachment 6757Attachment 6756Attachment 6755Attachment 6754
    Last edited by dale farley; 06-25-2010 at 01:57 PM.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Dale,

Where did you get your covers from? Please post a link to the web site if you have it. I need to replace my drive axle covers later this year and I am looking for options.

Thanks

Jeff,

Real Wheels has the replacement for your hub cap. I just ordered the same cap and installed it yesterday. P/N RW-1011SK Center mount axel cover front. I have two numbers:
    1-800-982-1180 and 1-847-662-7722.

Larry

Larry and Sandy Dahlin
    2003 Liberty Elegant Lady XL-II

2009 Buick Enclave

Dale, It said I have to contact the Administrator to see your nuts. Whats up with that !

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Mr. Keller sir...........that kind of language will not be tolerated here!!

Sorry Mr. Skiff. I knew it was wrong when I did it. Thank you for keeping our Site clean and argument free.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Jim Keller,

All I can say about that is, "you never know what's going to happen on this site."
    Dale & Paulette

Andre,

Because I am "cheap"; I established a Dealer account with americanchrome.com, so I could purchase items wholesale, but they also sell retail. Everything I got is nice quality 304 stainless. If I can help you in any way, I'll be glad to. Dale
    Dale & Paulette

That's awesome, thanks Will and Jeff. I have the center mounts also and need to replace two nuts that had wings clipped. They should also have the left hand 1/4 " locking screws. I also lost the allen key with the center pin (anti-theft). I had to knock out the center lock pin and use a standard key to remove caps to check bearing oil. I'll order on Monday........ great stuff!