Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fantastic Fan Upgrade Kit With Remote

Shookie,

Where ya been? It could be the rain sensor. Shut off the sensor and see if it will work. If not, could be a motor problem or circuit board. Pull down on the black knob putting it in the manual mode and turn it to open the cover, then see if things start working. If you remove the shroud, you should be able to get to the power leads to check for voltage, or check it at the fuse with a multi-meter.

You can probably get some troubleshooting help from Fantastic, they're really good. I have a bunch of parts, but they change with model numbers. If you have a 2000, I can probably help with some parts.

Tom, I'll take you up on talking about it at the rally.

JIM

Shookie,

One of my fans was intermittent in it operation. I cleaned the sensor, and it seemed to work fine. I called FanTastic and told them what I had done to make sure everything was okay. He said the rheostat on the control pad may not function as it should after a few years. Also, if you have the temperature setting too high, the fan won't come on.

He said to be sure that I had no more problems, he would send me two new control pads and two new rain sensors. I received them in about 5 days. No charge. Excellent support and customer service from FanTastic Fan.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Quote Originally Posted by shookie View Post
    hello all...it's been a while since i have posted...however, i have an odd situation going on with my bath fan...sometimes it works...sometimes it does not....when it did not work, i check the coach fuse...all ok...i then checked the fuse in the fan itself...all ok...then, voila, it began to work....then it closed and stopped...the only thing i can imagine is the rain sensor is acting up...what do u guys think?...any comments appreciated...best, shookie
    I worked on both of my Fan Tastic Vents today. The support at Fan Tastic Vents helped me fix the intermitant problem similar to what Shookie was experiencing. It happens that there is a plunger cut off button under the vent cover on the roof. I got up on the roof with the cover opened, un screwed the plunger switch and cleaned and sprayed it with silicon. Fan works fine now.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide