Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fantastic Fan Upgrade Kit With Remote

Default Fantastic Fan Upgrade Kit With Remote

For those like myself with a vent fan that is covered with a mirror type outer cover that keeps you from accessing the rain sensor, speed control and other functions, there is a great option from Fantastic. You don't have to remove your old fan from the roof and destroy it's water tight seal. Everything is done iniside by replacing the original control panel with the latest and greatest. It cost 158.00 bucks at Camping World and allows you to access all functions from it's remote control.

IMG_3048_1.JPG
    Old model 2000

IMG_3049_1.JPG
    New model 6600 Upgrade Kit

IMG_3053_1.JPG
    Chrome cover limiting access

IMG_3059_1.JPG
    Remote control

Tom, where was your original fan control located?

Tom,

Thanks for the great post.... that's exactly just what I need.

Those mirror covers that Liberty uses sure look good but they also sure make it a PITA to make any changes to the fan!

I'll be happy to volunteer my bus if you want to demonstrate an install at OKC

Default Fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by JIM CHALOUPKA View Post
    Tom, where was your original fan control located?
    My two fans only turn on/off by a switch on the wall via a control relay in the bay. So, whenever I turn it on, the lid opens up and the fan turns on. I can not turn the fan motor off while leaving the lid open. It would be nice to have that option.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Jim - The only fan control for the Liberty is an on/off switch in the bath and like Gary said, turns on the fan and opens the cover. Now I can open the cover itself just for ventilation with no fan running or manually operate the fan at various speed or just select automatic and it runs the fan until the set temperature is reached.

Paul - I'm up for it if you are! It's a little tricky with the Liberty wiring, but I figured it out and changed things around a little. Liberty has a home run #31 minus and plus to the fan (hot all the time). The old fan was configured with an additional set of wires and a relay that used the Liberty on/off switch to control both the fan and cover. That set of wires was labeled 31A. So I ran the ground lead through the Liberty on/off switch and simply made the switch the power source for the new fan.

And to top it all off, there is a switch on the fan for reverse and you can bring fresh air into the bus through the fan, but I can't get to it because of the cover! Relocating that switch may be another project down the road.

I guess the answer I was looking for was, the switch was right there where I mounted the new control, or the switch was in the multi button switch pad in the bathroom, or......

What did you do with the old switch? Black it out or just leave it functionless?

JIM

Quote Originally Posted by JIM CHALOUPKA View Post
    I guess the answer I was looking for was, the switch was right there where I mounted the new control, or the switch was in the multi button switch pad in the bathroom, or......

What did you do with the old switch? Black it out or just leave it functionless?

JIM
    Jim, I did the remote control vent fan deal a year or so back. I just pulled one wire off the back of the old switch and the remote control serves as on/off and speed control. It's a nice upgrade.

Default Truk fan

Truk man, don't they make a larger more powerful model for taco eating truk drivers? I would think so

Default bathroom fan issue

hello all...it's been a while since i have posted...however, i have an odd situation going on with my bath fan...sometimes it works...sometimes it does not....when it did not work, i check the coach fuse...all ok...i then checked the fuse in the fan itself...all ok...then, voila, it began to work....then it closed and stopped...the only thing i can imagine is the rain sensor is acting up...what do u guys think?...any comments appreciated...best, shookie

So I ran the ground lead through the Liberty on/off switch and simply made the switch the power source for the new fan.

Jim - The Liberty switch is now the power source for the new fan just like before. Switch off, no power, switch on, power available for the new fan utilizing the remote control. Before, switch on, lid opens and fan runs. I'll explain the original setup while in OKC, it's easier than trying to do it here.