Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Insurance Renewel

I called Explorer today and asked why my rate went up 15% from last year. I was told it is because a significant increase in RV's registered in Montana has resulted in a rate increase for the state. She offered to reduce the agreed value if I wanted to do that, but I think I am about where I should be, so I didn't make any changes.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

More RV's in a state means it's more expensive to insure? I guess I don't quite follow the logic?

Seems to me any time you have more, you spread the risk out over more and the cost should ultimately be less?

Orren Zook Guest

I've had my coach policy drop from $1154 to $1133 at renewal last fall, and my business casualty policy has dropped a few hundred bucks too... with the same carriers - maybe signaling the end of a hard market, at least in the great lakes region of the country.

Guess we need to move in with Orren. All of our vehicle insurance went up. Our Worker's Comp went up. Our Anthem healthcare with no changes went up 60% at renewal last month, and last year it went up 40% ( No Claims). Our Fire insurance went up with no changes.(No claims) Our liability insurance went up with no changes (NO claims) Then we had the big event in July with the tornado tearing thru NW Denver. Just wait 'tiil next year!!!!
    Chris' mom got a ticket for a bulb out, and she got a "defective vehicle notation checked in a box on the ticket. Car Iinsurance company got ahold of that and now for next 3 years a surcharge tacked onto the annual premium.
    This wasn't a warning, but a ticket in broad daylight for a DRL bulb up front out.
    2 points, plus fine and $130.00 premium increase X 3 years, and no chance to say she got it fixed,. Sorry, on the soapbox
    Last edited by Coloradobus; 01-12-2010 at 10:15 AM.
    Jim and Chris
    2001 Featherlite Vogue XLV 2 slide with Rivets-current coach, 1999 shell
    Previous 22 years,
    We have owned every kind of Prevost shell but an H3-40

Ray,

I told her I didn't see the logic in the decision, but she seemed to think I should have. The only logic I see is "higher rates, more money in their pocket."
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Not to worry boy's, Harry and Nancy will be taking care of all these things for you!

It is happening all over. Just received my premium notice from Foremost, they have always been low for me, they "were" lower than Explorer. First page showed a cancellation notice from my previous policy but one of their "other" Foremost companies would be happy to take my business; mind you, no claims...EVER! The new policy had a 600 dollar per year premium increase and in the fine print was buried the term "actual cash value" vice my previous agreed value. That was hiding in the oh so fine print behind their new "enhanced" towing and road service and some other assorted BS, like a years complimentary subscription to Motorhome Magazine (BFD)!

Switched to Explorer who came in below what I paid for my Foremost Policy last year...Go Figure! Mind you, I carry liability at the limit where my umbrellas kick in so my bus policies have always been, shall I say reasonable, especially when compared to airplane insurance.

Orren Zook Guest

Jim, how about this bit if insurance zaniness: In November my Anthem/Blue Cross agent tells me that my companies policy will have a 15% increase (age of employees, health issues, etc.) on renewal. I mentioned this to a friend who also sells Anthem and she says that she can help me on this, we made her my agent of record so that she could get access to my employee & copmpany records and then reapplied as a new customer - everyone filled out new applications and my new policy rate was reduced by 13% on the 'renewal'. Same policy numbers, coverage and PPO providers, just a different agent. For very little effort, I ended up with lower premiums for the same coverage!

I called Explorer RV yesterday and was quote $1720.00 on agreed value of $325,000.00 thru Triumphe which is apparently a subsidary of National Interstate. This is 150.00 less then last years rate with the same insurance carrier different agency.

Hmmm, Very Interesting!? It would be educational for us to check. However, I know each state is different on all aspects of insurance. We have friends who live on the Northwest coast with a 2006 Marathon H who are paying not too much more for coach insurance with Progessive with "Agreed value", than we are paying on the 1992 XL "Agreed Value".
    Last edited by Coloradobus; 01-12-2010 at 10:08 AM.
    Jim and Chris
    2001 Featherlite Vogue XLV 2 slide with Rivets-current coach, 1999 shell
    Previous 22 years,
    We have owned every kind of Prevost shell but an H3-40