Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Insurance Renewel

Default Try Nationwide through Explorer?

Gary, did Explorer give you a quote through Nationwide?

My insurance is a little over $1600 per yr with that company. What the hell is the matter with these people and the fires? The fires have consumed a lot of acreage (but way less the .001% of state and federal land in CA) and to my knowledge it hasn't eaten one Prevost, well..... except those stored in hangars. Right Ray?

Darl

Yeah, watch out for RV's with RV fridges in them, from either Norcold or Dometic!!

Angry Insurance BS

Yes, I am awaiting a call back from Explorer. I've heard a lot of double talk in the last two years, but progressives reason for over a 100% increase beats them all.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

My policy with Explorer through National American runs less than $2k, in CA. And while the process wasn't any fun, ultimately they pretty much came through for my loss.

Ray

Default Agreed Value or Actual Cash Value

It is Renewal Time on Insurance again, and I was going over my Explorer Policy, and my question is:

Do most of you have Actual Cash Value Policy on your bus, or is your policy written with the Agreed Value?

From what I can understand if you have an Agreed Value policy, if the bus has depreciated greatly, which I guess they all have, you would need to get an Appraisal on your bus, ( or should get one ) to verify that you have proper coverage in case of a Major Problem?

Is all of this and my logic making sense, and is it correct?

Next question is, if I need my Bus appraised where would I go to get that done ?

Gary S.

Gary, Explorer accepted a letter from Fred Green at Marathon in FL for the value. He simply wrote his estimate of the value. (My Prevost converter was Country Coach) Fred's value was then the agreed value.

Good Luck...

Hi Gary. I called Liberty and got a verbal which I then passed on to my Insurace company. No Letter.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

When my previous bus was totalled in the fire, I had an agreed-upon value for my policy. Ultimately that is what they paid, however, they did go through a lot of verification that the agreed-upon price was reasonable.

It was pretty clear to me that they felt they could give me less, if the price we'd agreed on was clearly higher than market value.

Might be worth asking the insurance guys about that.

Geico was less than 1/3 of Explorer with Progressive being the highest when we got insurance on the bus last November; however, Geico would not do agreed value so we went with Explorer.

I think the moral of this story is to shop around any time you buy insurance. I've had GEICO on my house for about 30 years, but when I compared them to others for bus insurance, they were significantly higher. I've used Explorer for my last two Prevosts. I have a fixed value on mine.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!