Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 16.5 Power Tech Generator

I hate to pee in your wheaties, but Jamie's gen starts first time every time! So you CC boy's will just have to figure out what's wrong with your gens and you could be looking at a faulty 212 biolatch that will delay the start function.

If you don't believe me, ask Jon.

Obviously, some of the Liberty Boys just hate to admit that we have something on our CC that is superior to theirs. Jamie should check his oil pressure relay if his generator is starting on the first attempt. The previous owner may have disabled it.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

GOOD ONE DALE, That is exactly what I was going to respond with and then I got to your post !

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Just to show I don't have to pick on CC owners, and that I am willing to make a comment relative to a Liberty that may not be flattering, I had a lazy starting generator on the first Liberty. It had a 12.5 Universal generator with a Kubota engine.

It would crank for a long time before firing and on occasion trip a breaker.

I traced the problem to an apparent lack of fuel at the injectors. If the coach had been sitting for a while, or if I did not start the generator for a while (more than a month) I opened the valve downstream from the fuel pump, ran the fuel pump without engaging the start cycle (by powering the pump with 12V) until I could hear the pressure build up. Once I did that the generator would fire up right away. During a trip it was usually run frequently enough that starting was very quick.

I do not know why I had to do this and never looked further than coming up with the technique to eliminate the starting trouble. The Yanmar engine on the current generator starts instantly with minimal cranking.

Jon, Just for being nice to us CC owners I am bringing you the kind of books we both like to OKC. I'm packing them now.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Jim, you da man. For all the sicko's thinking you are bringing me smut, let me make it clear the magazines will be tool catalogs.