Thread: 10 Best Uses for Bounce Sheets for RV and business ideas needed

Jeff Bayley Guest

Default 10 Best Uses for Bounce Sheets for RV and business ideas needed

I get an RV newsletter from Passport America discount RV park club. I rarely take time to read it but I accidently scanned the contents and this seemed worthy to post below. After this post on uses for dryer sheets on RV's, I'm going to copy and paste a post that I threw up else where to see if anyone can throw me a suggestion or two on another travel, bus related / business subject.

First, here's the useful reprint.

Next to the can opener, dryer sheets are one of the best inventions from mankind. For RVers they are as useful as duct tape and we all know that duct tape can do anything.

Some of the more popular uses for dryer sheets are:

1. Getting bugs off the RV – just wet the dryer sheet and the bugs magically come off. The used dryer sheets can be kept by your spouse for just this use versus throwing them away.

2. Mosquito repellant – tuck one in a pocket or belt loop and the blood sucking pests will be annoying somebody else.

3. Placed in various places of the RV will keep things smelling nice and fresh and will keep out those winter visitors while the RV is in storage. If you have some footwear that let’s everyone know your feet sweat, then tuck a sheet inside your shoes and leave them in a storage bin overnight and you will not only have clean smelling shoes, but your storage area will smell fresh.

4. If you have mini blinds, dryer sheets are great for cleaning them and seem to attract the dust. They also are great for dusting the TV screen. Some say you can use on a computer screen BUT make sure your computer if off and unplugged when you do this.

5. The sheets are excellent for cleaning the shower doors as they will leave them squeaky clean and spotless.

6. Prevent thread from tangling by running a threaded needle through sheet of Bounce before beginning to sew.

7. Eliminate odors in wastebaskets. Place a sheet of Bounce at the bottom of the wastebasket.

8. Collect animal hair. Rubbing the area with a sheet of Bounce will magnetically attract all the loose hairs.

9. Want to quickly freshen up the RV in the humid summer? Place a sheet in the AC vent to give the rig that clean outdoor smell.

10. Here is a link to Bounce’s website for “clever uses” of their product. http://www.bouncesheets.com/en_US/cleveruses/index.jsp

11. Used Bounce dryer sheets are excellent for removing nail polish. It saves manicure time, and uses less nail polish remover.
    Be sure to share your favorite use for dryer sheets by leaving your comment below. Till then
    (finish reprint)

>>>>>> I just checked the www.passportamerica.com site for the first time even though I've been a member for 3 years ($45 a year bargain) I usually check the hard copy bood for affiiated RV parks but the site has some really useful links on it including a link to a mail forwarding service for full timers that has some awesome features. Won't detail here but check it out: Most full timers probabley know about it already. Passport America also has insurance. Anybody have any experience with them ? I've heard so many good things about Explorer I'm afraid to take a chance with anything else but they seem to insure specialty vehicles which I've never been able to find coverage for anywhere else (like my rolling showroom). I stayed at VERY nice Encore resort recentley that took Passport America and it was only $15 a night.

Following some links, I wound up surfing and findng this other magazine. Think you can get a hard copy besides the one online: http://www.rvamericamagazine.com/online. I also found this: http://www.myrvparks.com/default.php It has something I asked about finding on a prior post and could not get a suggestion for which is is a list of Festivals by state or date. It also has compiled State Info on laws which we ask each other about and RV Park Reviews. Think some of you already have some good sources for reviews which I failed to book mark prior (maybe tell again here and I'll book mark this time). The forums secton on the myrvparks.com site looks mostly boring for POG'ers but I did happen to glance at the "Computer and Internet" sub section and found what appears to be a very useful URL someone recommended with products for extending Wi-Fi range and lots of other neat stuff so that section could offer some possible other opinions. Face it, there's 1000's of plastic RV'ers for every one of us so for certain things like computers they might just be worth having as a 2nd source. Here's the company they listed with the neat gadgets http://radiolabs.com/ I'm happy with my Verizon card and never bother with Wi-Fi but if you use Wi-Fi at RV parks some of these devices could amp up your band width from stronger reception. Some of them claim to be good for 5 miles but it seems that would depend on the transmitter power, not the receiver. But an improved antenna (they have many to choose from) might be worth the $150 investment.

Nuff for now. Putting a 2nd post next. Only for the readers that have time for charity advise that I find myself in need of.
    Last edited by Jeff Bayley; 08-29-2009 at 12:42 PM.

Jeff Bayley Guest

Default Ideas needed for standing assets

Instead of taxing the site with a redundant copy of what I already posted, here's the thread where I need advise on what I can do with all the assets I've acuired to put them to work for me or partner with someone on some level that might work. The intentions I had for some of this have changed with the recession but maybe somone has an idea worth sharing. If you don't want to post it, email or IM me. Thanks. Here's where to find the post: http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/...3146#post53146

Jeff Bayley Guest

Ok, I'm replying to my own thread here. Koo Koo. My wife always say's "Who voted" on stuf like this below.

Jon said we mostly talk about mechanical issues, myself included, so here's another pleasant addition of information I hope.

Top 10 most romance-inspiring RV parks in the nation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Radio station TCS at www.tcscountryshoebox.com Home Of The Best Country Music on the net has just release the
    Top 10 most romance-inspiring RV parks in the nation as reported by
    Motorhome Magazine selection

MotorHome Magazine announced in july 2009, its selection of the top 10 most romantic RV parks in the nation – just in time for the busy summer travel season:

If your romantic sentiments are sparked by natural wonders, then the following parks can provide the perfect backdrop for your next vacation getaway:

1 Oak Grove Campground/Resort, Holland, Michigan., located within walking distance of the Macatawa lakes and Michigan beaches, features romantic sunsets, a heated swimming pool and grassy shaded sites. Only seven miles away from the Veldheer’s Tulip Gardens, this resort is the perfect destination in early May when guests can see more than four million colorful flowers in bloom.

2 Wine Country RV Resort, Paso Robles, California, surrounded by more than 100 wine-tasting rooms within a 10-mile radius, is the perfect place for wine connoisseurs. Kaleidoscopic flowers and colorful sunsets frame this vineyard paradise that also includes a pool and spa. Special wine-tasting events are offered and sell out fast.

3 Hershey Highmeadow Campground, Hershey, Pa., is owned by Hershey Entertainment and Resorts and features the natural scent of chocolate aromatherapy and the quaint old-fashioned Hershey town where the street lights are shaped like Candy Kisses.

4 At the Spa at Pagosa Springs Destination Spa & RV Resort, Pagosa Springs, Colorado, guests have access to the mineral-water swimming pool, hot tub and indoor baths -- the natural hot springs are the deepest in the world. Luxurious massages, herbal wraps or salt glows are also available, along with couples’ massages. This location comes with a catch; there are only seven RV spots available.

5 East Shore RV Park, San Dimas, California, features the Puddingstone Hot Tubs Resort, right outside its entrance. The resort offers private soaking rooms with cedar hot tubs amid beautiful hilltop and sunset views. Weddings are also popular and take place at the property’s hilltop gazebo.

6 The Beverly Beach State Park, Newport, Oregon, which combines cabins, yurts, tents and full RV hook-up sites, also offers a beautiful panoramic beach. Located only a short walk away, the beach is the perfect location to fly a kite and enjoy a picnic for two while viewing the Yaquina Head Lighthouse.

. 7 Petoskey RV & Cabin Resort, Petoskey, Michigan is among the highest-rated RV resorts in North America. Overflowing with towering trees and flowers amid private RV sites, this destination also features a Honeymoon Suite, site 71, that includes its own fire pit and courting bench.

8 The Winchester Bay RV Resort is located on the Oregon Coast peninsula. Every RV site offers a waterfront view of the harbor, the Umpqua River or the Pacific Ocean. Moored boats light up the evening sky and provide the perfect backdrop for a late night walk with your beloved.

9 Yosemite National Park, Yosemite Valley, California, provides breathtaking views of giant sequoias, amazing waterfalls and snowcapped mountains. Unique to this destination, is the fabulous “moonbow” a rare nighttime rainbow that splashes on canyon walls when the moon is full and the falls are flowing at their fullest.

10 completing the list is Riverview RV Park and Campground, Loveland, Colorado. This nature lover’s destination is nestled in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains along the Thompson River and includes breathtaking waterfalls. A popular destination for weddings and honeymooners, this destination is also located near horseback trails and riding lessons, as well as wine tasting tours.

There are no doubt many more that are your favorites. Roaming Times this week had an email from a reader in Alaska saying she considers that state to be the most romantic of all, despite the cold ...

jelmore Guest

Jeff, like Steph says, "who voted?". We stayed at #10, Riverview in Loveland, CO a couple of weeks ago. I felt like I was in a dirt storage lot. Actually, the inventory wasn't all that bad, but we were greeted by muddy roads in front of the office. If I were looking for romance inspiration, it wouldn't be at this place, unless the inspiring thought was "honey, let's go someplace else." And the someplace else would be 20 miles up the road in Estes Park and day trips into Rocky Mountain National Park. Now that's inspiring.