Ken, If you think you are going to be criticized for thinking like that you are wrong. Your thoughts and comments are exactly right.

We discussed this briefly at Roger's house with the other POG folks that were there today. It started about six months ago when Joe changed the front air bags on Eric and Deb's coach. It would not rise to the previous level and through a considerable effort he or they were able to get Prevost to ship bags that would restore their ability to travel the full range in height.

It was later learned bags ordered and installed on other coaches had the same problem with limited height, and then since a pattern was now established Joe pursued this with Prevost, eventualy working up the ladder to Bill Jensen. According to Joe his representation that Prevost was shipping the incorrect air bags was met with the comment that the ones shipped and received were what the bill of material called for and therefore they were right.

Through some effort on Joe's part he found the 630126 bags (that work) were superceded by 630260 (which do not work because of limited vertical travel), but that 630259 do work as replacements.

They have other issues, such as now having to rework the mounting plate hole on some early coaches. As things exist now an uninformed owner who gets air bags changed or orders new ones is going to lose some of the capability his coach was designed to have.

I brought this up to keep it alive. Joe and I spent a considerable amount of time discussing this issue and pursuing it. Truk (who is the Prevost contact person for the OKC rally) is going to let Bill know we intend to discuss this, because we are sure some owners have air bags now installed on their bus that do not have the vertical travel their suspension system leveling feature was designed to have.

You can be assured we are not shy about raising issues like this and if you wish to join in we welcome your comments.

I would like to know what converters do to handle this because if they do a full PDI on a coach and determine it should have new air bags they may have the same grief.