Thread: Traveling I-5 south to Mira Loma Prevost

Default Traveling I-5 south to Mira Loma Prevost

What would be the best route coming down I-5 to Mira Loma to Prevost? Looks like 5 to 134 to 210 to 57 then 60. I didn't ask my Garmin, I'll tell her what I have in mind after I get some feedback from the SolCal group

Thanks for the advice

Hi Larry, I would just stay on the 210 to the 15 towards San Diego take that to the 60 and it will be your first exit take it to the first stoplite and turn right next stop lite you will turn left and then go about 2 miles and it will be on right. If your comming in late the gate code is 1995# and the lounge is 2006#. Hope this helps

Sid, thanks, it sure does help. One more ? if you don't mind. When would you transition to 210? South of Santa Clarita or pick up 134 in Glendale and join 210 around Pasadena?

Larry, I pick-up the 134. One more thing try to go thru there around 1-2 in the afternoon later the traffic gets bad.

Thanks Sid, just the info I need.

Hi Larry. If you are traveling during the business day, I would take 210 from the 5 by Santa Clarita. Everything else backs up during the day. At night, I take the 5 to the Santa Ana Freeway. Traffic flows well after 7:00 PM.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Larry, Sid's routing works very well for us also. We hate driving in Socal traffic so our normal routine is to stay at the Valencia Travel Village RV Park near Magic Mountain. Very early, like 4 or 5AM we hit the road for Mira Loma. This has taken the hassle out of competing with the goofy LA drivers. Incidentally, our Garmin database has put us about 1/2mile to the east of the actual entrance to the Travel Village. Continue west on Henry Mayo drive. The entrance is clearly marked on your left.

Larry,

One very minor correction to Sid's directions, I think.

When getting off the freeway at the first exit on the 60 west of 15, you'll make a right at a stop sign (not a light). Then left at the light, and continue as Sid mentioned.

You probably couldn't go wrong anyway, as the off-ramp dead-ends into a street that you have to turn right or left.

Ray

Default Freeway work on 60 and ramp closure

Larry: I took my bus to Mira Loma from Santa Clarita Monday night. Since it was off hours I took I-5 all the way to highway 60. Note that exit for EB60 from I-5 is on the LEFT.

We had smooth sailing until we got a mile from our destination. They were doing work on Highway 60 at the I-15 interchange and squeezed 6 lanes down to one. Took nearly an hour to get through, and the Etiwanda exit (the one you want) was closed. This seems to be nightime work only. Not sure what time they start, but we encountered it at about 10pm. If you get stuck in that traffic, move as far left as possible as early as you can.

Well thanks for all the info. We probably will be headed down after Thanksgiving but wanted to get a plan in place.