Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Legendary Coaches

Default Legendary Coaches

Would soemone please enlighten me on the Legendary conversions? Can't seem to find anything except they are out of business?
    Mike

I have looked at the Legendary product a few years ago and I found them not very exciting,If you don't care about resale and you are going to keep it for 5+ years a Legendary might be OK.The supplier items are the same as other converters and can be maintained by others.In this market I would try to buy a coach that is not an orphan,since cash king you have the upper hand at the moment and you should use it to your advantage.I bet that a Liberty or Marathon can be very similar to an orphan in price if you are willing to take the time to look,and as others have said if you have the time it is a lot of fun and helps with the learning curve.

Legendary coaches are not likely to represent what might be considered the best conversions. They were only around a short time, and when the business failed dealers or whoever owned new coaches were selling them at unheard of prices and this was before it shifted into a buyer's market.

Some brand new Legendary coaches were being sold in the low $600,000 range. I am sure those that are out there can be bought very inexpensively, and as Jack says they can be serviced. I think the price has to be the primary reason to purchase one.

Default ORPHAN BUSES

I have owned a Marathon and a orphan bus. Eliminate the different kinds of air condition options(3) and you have a bus only being mainly different in furnishings and decorations and quality of same.
    A Prevost is a Prevost, tires, batteries, water pumps, valtrex water and sewer dump valves, several different inverters(doing the same thing), TV, radio, refrigerators, Micro, Convection Oven (which very few use) Aqua hot, headhunter toilets and pumps, lights, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, all mostly off the shelf items whether it be a Marathon, Liberty, Vantare, Thompson, Vision, Legendery, Royal, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc.
    Buy what appeals to you, because they all can be serviced by any number of converters and with the help of many knowlegable people on this site such as Jon, Joe,Tom etc, etc, etc, etc.
    No matter what you get be prepared to STAND on your WALLET as the requirements for service and maintenance is HIGH.
    Danss 1999 Vogue, 03 Chev. Trailblazer

Dan, Got an update on your Bus ? Is it down here somewhere ? Can I check on it for you ?

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Default Bus Repair

It is at Parliament . Repairs are underway. Had to wait on Bay door and one panel from Canada then paint. I do appreciate you offer to look in on it. If it were mechanical repairs I would be right there with it. Since it is body work and paint I am useless.
    Danss 1999 Vogue, 03 Chev. Trailblazer

I vote for Dan getting a free pass on the wide turn award. He has suffered enough. Can I hear a big AMEN!

dalej Guest

Jon,

I'm not so sure Jo would be in favor of that, she might just get a chuckle over it and be able to use it for awhile.

Dale, us guys need to stick together. She probably has a whole arsenal to use to keep Dan in line. We don't need to add to it.

Mike, there is a bunch of info on Legendary Coaches on the Prevost Stuff Site. I also saw a new one @ Prevost Mira Loma last week getting serviced. I don't know if it's for sale or what just noticed it didn't have plates. I also have an orphan coach but I have great support from them and also have all the manuals to go with the coach. The great thing about my coach is that I can call Rick Thompson @ anytime and he is always willing to help I think it's very important to get all the diagrams of the converter and better yet all the pictures if they have them of the coach as it was being built.