Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2007 H3 Vantari

I knuckled under and changed from Montana to California plates on the bus. In OKC you are welcome to take as many photographs of the CA plates as you wish. In the future they can be sold on EBAY as relics of a bygone erra. I'll try and find a Pelosi campaign sticker to put along side the relic.
    See you soon can't wait.
    Harry

Shirley & Harry / 2000 Liberty / 2008 GMC Envoy Denali

Harry, You are the man. Di and I are counting on going to dinner with you and Shirley the night before the rally starts.

Quote Originally Posted by hhoppe View Post
    I knuckled under and changed from Montana to California plates on the bus. In OKC you are welcome to take as many photographs of the CA plates as you wish. In the future they can be sold on EBAY as relics of a bygone erra. I'll try and find a Pelosi campaign sticker to put along side the relic.
    See you soon can't wait.
    Harry, I think you should pass on the Pelosi sticker because they might use your bus as a target for practice for the shooting games in OCK You can always stop by my place in Visalia for a free dinner. Hope you have a great time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jon your on for that dinner. Have you picked a spot? Roger and Micki are joining us also aren't they?

Sid we'll be heading for Bakersfield on the 24th or 25th. You may as well swing in behind us and head for OKC.
    Harry

Shirley & Harry / 2000 Liberty / 2008 GMC Envoy Denali

Hey Harry, could you buy a shirt for me @ the auction charity? I had so much fun at the last rally that I was at with you and your wife!!!! You remember the size?? If not just remember the color

Harry,

Glad to hear you'll be at the rally. I'm looking forward to seeing your bus!

Harry, I believe Roger is heading out today and is on his way to OKC via Chicago, NM, and then back to OKC. I suspect they will arrive the day before the rally and of course they should join us. Roger is the only one with a valid credit card.

We'll find a place. Not tacos.

Exclamation Back to the original topic

The Illinois commerce commission has no interest in vehicles not being used commercially. They said if you are not receiving compensation for your use then it is not commercial in their eyes.

I asked the ICC about a travel permit, and was directed to the Illinois Secretary of State. 1.217.524.7887.

I asked the gal there about a travel permit and explained that I wanted to pass through Ill. and wanted to be legal.
    She asked her supervisor about that and I was told that Illinois honors the way other states title their vehicles. Meaning that if your vehicle is titled as an Recreational Vehicle (RV abbreviation) or Coach (CH abbreviation) then it is considered an RV even if it is titled in an LLC, even though Illinois does not title RVs in an LLC.
    Again there must be no compensation involved.

I further asked; What if I am stopped and challenged on this point? Her reply was; Tell the officer the Secretary of State said what I told you.

I entered the phone number into my cell phone and if need be and during office hours will refer any officer to talk to the office of Illinois Secretary of State for a clarification on the point of law.

As an aside and FYI in Montana RVs and ordinary motor vehicles such as automobiles are titled through the State of Montana Department of Justice - Motor Vehicle Division.

Commercial vehicles such as Trucks and Buses are titled through the State of Montana Department of Transportation.

JIM

henryhighwood Guest

I travel a good portion of I-80 across the mid portion of Illinois almost daily.
    I have seen all kinds of things on I-80. I have seen many coaches and conversions, but have yet to see one stopped by Illinois' finest.
    (except of course for the one that went through the median and ended up facing oncoming traffic, but that one was stopped before the troopers arrived)

I have heard that last week in southern IL they targeted Montana tagged coaches and if they were registered to an LLC and that they issued 200 citations for IFTA violations(not all were motorcoaches).