Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody seen Joe?

dalej Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MangoMike View Post
    "What's best for the business?"
    Mike with due respect,

What is good for the customer is good for the business. If you have one unhappy customer, they will tell 10 others. If you have one happy customer, they will tell 3.

In the last week, I have heard of two unhappy customers on POG. It makes me wonder how many emails and phone calls they have had.

dalej Guest

And,

Just because we aren't discussing changing out a fan belt or which is better, doesn't mean this is a bad thread.

Last I looked it was viewed over 1000 times in 3 days.

J.C. Watts Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MangoMike View Post
    I get a lot of feedback from my customers and staff on how run my restaurants. All input is appreciated and digested.

But at the end of the day one person has to decided what's best for Mango Mike's based on a global view. And I always ask myself: "What's best for the business?"

I'm sure Jim has asked himself that question and is responding accordingly as he wants nothing more than to have this organization be as strong and lasting as possible.
    Well said. That is the bottom line. In any business you are not going to please everyone. It just will not happen. But it is much like politics. You just have to please the majority or as this site is concerned, the owner needs to please as many as possible, realizing that some may get mad, some may not understand when he makes a decision. The gentlemen being discussed surely are not the first nor will they be the last to be banned from this site. I am sure other past members have a side to a story that has not been heard but it does not matter, as the owner made a business decision. I am sure he would hate to lose any member but if one fails to understand or support his decision then I am sure he thought about that and realizes you may not want to be part of the site anymore. But that is a decision each person would have to make.

J.C. Watts Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dalej View Post

Are the sponsors allowed to view comments and use it to improve there position in the marketplace?
    I would assume and note I said assume that most sponsors can view comments. I am quite sure the money they pay which I am sure is more than the $100 we paid, would certainly entitle them to member privileges. Just because you do not see them post, I think would mean nothing. I would believe that they are members like us who can read post whether we post or not. This is only my second or third time I have posted but I have been reading so I am sure sponsors could do the same. And since this site is a business, no matter how we or some want to view it, it is a business and sponsors are just as important as the members, if not more so. There are many websites that do not have a forum like this one but yet have sponsors. Advertisers are key in this type of business.

Petervs Guest

As a result of all these back room shenanigans I am considering dropping my membership. If Skiff does not come clean with a complete explanation I see no reason to keep sending him $100 each year.

As I said before, these yahoo groups are free, we could easily set up a new one. No one has to buy a server.

Peter,

There are two sides to every story, and unless you have gotten both sides of this issue privately you are in the same boat with everyone else.

I have been in touch with both Jim and Joe, and if the emotional issues are separated, what is left is both guys have agreed to disagree because they are each looking out for their respective buiness interests.

There is nothing that could be called backroom shenanigans. I think it is sad what has happened, but I know both guys made the decisions they made because they felt the decisions were best for them. It is not something secretive nor is there any skulldugery. Jim or Joe are entitled to say or not say anything. I think we would all do both guys a favor by not interfering.

I didn't realize Joe hung up a sign and was doing business. I thought he was a guy who had tools and helped the owner turn the wrenches. If people are dropping off buses for him to fix then he probably needs insurance.

So Charter members of POG what is the difference between POG and P-S besides $100? Why can't what we do hear be done on P-S for everyone to see?

I too read other website forums and they have some rules published. Maybe we need to publishes the unspoken rules, so we not step on our ****.

What is the issue with Lew?

Many times the only reason I get on the computer is to read POG.

GregM

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
    I would love hearing stories of people's experiences.
    I vote for more stories from Jeff Bayley! C'mon Jeff - I know you've got a zillion of 'em! Dish, man!

Greg,

This is only my opinion. I was a poster on P-Stuff and still post there. When POG was formed it was a private site so we had a little more freedom to address things and we could post pictures.

By being private I mean it was not open to the public and needed a user name and password to enter, neither of which were available unless the user spent his $100.

POG has turned into a family. P-Stuff folks were just familiar posting names, but in POG we have had the opportunity to meet each other face to face, we have dropped in on one another when we were nearby, we have had impromptu mini rallies for not reason other than to get together once again, and we have helped each other in more ways than we can count, not only with mechanical issues, but in many other ways.

Joe was doing business and he was doing it to put food on the table. There were a lot of us that had encouraged him, helped him, hired him and supported what he was doing. He was doing a lot of work for a lot of POG members and he travelled across the country to do so.

Default Old saying...

There is an old saying, often attributed to Albert Einstein, “Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.” That ode seems applicable to this family feud. There are some folks that want to over-react and splinter this great group and others, like Jon W. and J.C. Watts that seem to preach temperance.

My take is, "this too, shall pass" and soon be just a memory. Maybe Jim and Joe will resolve their differences. Maybe they won't. Does anyone really know what caused this squabble? Is it any of my business? Until I know I am not going to make a judgment nor am I going to leave a group that has become much like family. Which brings up another thought, something like cutting off ones nose to get even with ill-deeds of the face.

So with that I am going to surrender my baseball bat to Jerry Winchester and quit pounding on his pony.

Darl
    Last edited by Darl-Wilson; 08-17-2009 at 07:04 PM.