Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Graduate School, here I am!

Hi Mike. There have been quite a few people who have been wise enough to join POG prior to purchasing a Prevost. It will save you a lot of anxiety and money right up front to hang around and ask questions.
    The information and just plain fun you will gain will give you a leg up in purchasing and operating these mammoth machines.

So, anything you want to know , throw it out there.
    Oh, by the way, I own a Liberty as well.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Welcome Mike. Liberty owners are a little like Democrats, they hog the press and will tell you anything to make a sale. I can say that tongue in cheek because I owned one too.

There are other choices and you would do yourself an injustice not to consider them. As to OTR, the main supporters live in the hot, humid southeast. Many westerners feel it's gross overkill. You might consider a visit to Coburg, OR, home of Marathon. They have a very large stock of coaches for sale, most of them are H3's. Another excellent resource is Steve Bennett of California Coach, a longtime POG sponsor and an absolutely honest, knowledgeable guy. Good luck.
    Last edited by BrianE; 08-14-2009 at 10:28 AM.

Ahem, Mr. Brian,

We had OTR and we lived in the snow belt of western NY where we travelled year round and had no need for OTR except when temps soared into the 60's.

I admit to a strong bias. That bias is formed by years of having it, and when a bad CB took it away on one trip I learned why I would never be without it. It was uncomfortable until I replaced that CB.

Biloxi, MS (Beautiful Mississippi Gulf Coast)

Jon: I only wish Liberty gave more than a verbal "Thank You" for sending them a customer!

Quote Originally Posted by rockcreek View Post
    If anyone sees anthing out there, I'm thinking XL over H3, although I have run into a couple of Featherlites that are nice, and the Wife likes them. I am just not sure about the H3 set up. Any debate about H3 over XL would be fun. Am I in the right Thread to bring this up?
    Mike
    Mike - the boss (my wife) much prefers the XL to the H3 - she doesn't care for the lower driver/copilot floor design of the H3. Also, we both are very partial to the stainless appearance over the European smooth sides (plastic) look. Whatever model and converter that you choose, I can tell you with absolute certainty that owning a Prevost is the most fun you'll ever have with your clothes on! Some of us have even been rumored to enjoy them with our clothes off - but this is supposed to be a family friendly forum, so I will not go into specifics (no sheep were harmed or molested during the typing of this post).

Enjoy the hunt and when you find the "one" - pull the trigger and prepare for life to really begin!

Oh - one more thing - notwithstanding all the Liberty "commercials" from current Liberty owners - Vita and I are quite happy with our Featherlite Vantare. To date, we have not required hands-on service from Featherlite, but have found them to be "johnny on the spot" in responding to my questions and very proactive in offering suggestions/resources to resolve any issues! Bottom line - if you choose a Prevost that has been well maintained and cared for in the manner she deserves, you can't really "go wrong" no matter who the original converter was. I've learned that with a few exceptions, house systems utilize readily available components that make solving issues easier than one might imagine, given the seeming sophistication of the systems designs. In the rare circumstance where components/parts are proprietary or no longer available, the house systems generally lend well to upgrade/a la carte "reengineering" to put things right (or at least like you want them).

Please keep us posted as your search progresses and do take advantage of the vast braintrust here on POG (before my fellow POGers die of laughter - let me be clear in stating that I do not suggest that I personally have any knowledge that qualifies me for inclusion in the braintrust, but I do know who to ask!)

Now back to your regularly scheduled POG lies, BS, and made up answers!
    Last edited by michaeldterry; 08-14-2009 at 12:23 PM.

sawdust_128 Guest

Welcome Mike!

Ask your questions. You certainly will get answers here, some will even be correct. They might not be answers for your question, but they will be the right answer for some question.

Regarding the Liberty owners on this forum, well what can you say about them. They are mostly a harmless bunch. My advise, talk bling to them. Watch their eyes roll to the top of their heads as you talk about polishing wheels, pads and buffs. Send them into sensless euphoria by describing how you want to spend all your time and most of your money doing things like polishing copper plumbing pipes and clear coating them. If they aren't calmed and breathing smoothly, talk polishes, rouges and paste waxes too them. If you need to make a quick get away from them, ask "what is that spot on your wheel?" This will create a stampede as they break out the microscopes and magnifiers looking for the culprit spot. They will migrate to each others buses looking for that spot to see if Liberty designed it that way or is the owner with the spot really a low life slug. A slob who will be banished to parking between the dump station and the trash dumpsters at all future POG events.

But for God's sake man, don't turn into one of them.

X vs. H

Plastic blah blah blah! European smooth sides (plastic) look blah blah blah!
    A coach that looks like a plastic palace or any other motorhome blah blah blah!

H345 is the state of the art and the basis for the future of coaches. End of conversation.

To Mike, Brian and Sawdust: I highly represent what you said above. Please send more polish and buffing pads!

Southern Pines, NC (next door to Pinehurst)

Default OKC Seminar?

Not having done the polishing thing and being many years from being buff, how about having a seminar on polishing, buffing, waxing and rouges in OKC. I'm sure even the gals can give us a tip or two on using the correct rouge!

As far as the buses go, love what you got or go get something else. I love my XL even though the CC OTR has been a big pain in the ol' buffer.

Smile

Mike welcome aboard.

Be sure to get a bus both you and your wife like. You will enjoy it more.
    Being in Montana, bus heat may be important to you. Along with that will come over the road air.

Winston Churchill once said something like; first we shape our dwellings then our dwellings shape us.

By the way, if you make the wrong decision you will know it very soon after you leave the sellers facility.

Good luck and have fun.

JIM

Sawdust saw my plumbing (of polished copper of course) and was left speechless. I see he got his voice back.

I believe Ed's idea of class is polished plastic.