Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Graduate School, here I am!

Generally you can, if you don't have a lot of other things running, like the washer/dryer, range etc.

Personally, I've found that three still work fine in most cases. In my case turning on the 4th A/C in the bathroom doesn't do a lot to help the coach.

Ray

Yes you can if you manage the load,a cruise air draws about 14 amps,water heater,chargers etc must be considered.The chargers in most cases can be reduced to only draw about 5 amps of AC current.

Usually the only reason to run 4 AC units on shore power is because the coach is heat soaked and all four are needed to bring the temps down. It is usually very hot outside when you experience this.

As Jack points out energy management is critical. Any other loads such as the items you cannot control that are going to cycle on and off without input from you probably need to be turned off. Hot water heater and aux air compressor are two things that come to mind that will add a lot of amps. Also as Jack pointed out you need to even control how much current draw the inverters will have, either by programming them for the lowest charge rate, or by limiting the amount of DC current you draw.

The reason energy management is critical is that the running current draw on an AC unit is likely around 13 to 15 amp. but if they start cycling as the temps come down the starting loads will hit as high as 40 amps. All it will take is for a HW tank to kick on at the same time an AC unit starts up and you have tripped the shore power breaker.

If you really need to run heavy loads, start the generator.

Default Four Air Cond

I have run 4 rooftop units many times when plugged in without a problem>
    Danss 1999 Vogue, 03 Chev. Trailblazer