Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Graduate School, here I am!

Thumbs up Graduate School, here I am!

To be posting on the Prevost Owners forum, I feel like I am going to Graduate School. 10 years Rving, 3 rigs, and now we have decided the last and final rig will be a Prevost! And all these years I thought a Prevost was a Prevost, until I started looking into all the different conversions! Yikes! So, please bear with me, I have a million questions, and then I will buy our first Prevost! And man, am I looking forward to it!
    Mike from Rock Creek, Montana

Welcome Mike to POG.

Give us an idea of what your looking for, in a bus, and we will try and help you spend your money. You may not know about all the sites out there to look at buss's, but I assure you we do.

Good Luck

Gary S.

Welcome Mike,Most of us have experienced the learning curve but we are still learning,it is a great time to look and buy,good luck,it should be fun.

Biloxi, MS (Beautiful Mississippi Gulf Coast)

Welcome to POG Mike: I will let you know something that will make your selection easier. LIBERTY is the finest Prevost conversion on the market!!! Just a few reasons are outstanding workmanship, best quality materials, OTR which is short for over the road bus air conditioning, cruise aire house a/c units instead of roof a/c units used on lesser coaches, transmission retarder instead of jake brake, single holding tank for black & grey water (this keeps tank cleaned out). There are many more reasons to choose Libertry, but these are enough to justify the decision.

Mike, welcome to the asylum. This is the place to get all the answers to your questions. Sometimes we actually give a correct answer. Most of the time we make things up because it is easier that way.

Ed Saylor does not work for Liberty. (I thought I would throw that out. He does get a big commission if you buy one.)

Whatever you do, do not ask any questions about over the road air, or which conversion is best. We are running out of bits and bytes and the ensuing debate will use them up.

As you proceed along your journey to buy a coach you will find this group collectively has a ton of knowledge and is not the least bit shy about sharing it (Ed is the shyest one in the bunch by the way.) This group of rejects also can give you some pretty good advice about mechanical things as well as how you need to spend your money.

Mike,

Welcome aboard, you have come to the right place for Prevost info. If you have any OTR questions, I'll be happy to answer them!

Thanks Guys! Fun to get the response right out of the chute! funny Ed should coem on so strong. Liberty is on the short-short list. I am seeing some good buys on some 2 sliders, and that's what the Lady wants, as I spoiled her with 4 slides ont he last purchase. If anyone sees anthing out there, I'm thinking XL over H3, although I have run into a couple of Featherlites that are nice, and the Wife likes them. I am just not sure about the H3 set up. Any debate about H3 over XL would be fun. Am I in the right Thread to bring this up?
    Mike

Mike,

You will find this is a great source of information. The H3's are very nice and Marathon FL had a couple of very nice 2 slide H3's that were priced to move when we were down there in April.

I will say though that the stainless has become very addictive.

I should have told you about the XL versus H3 debate also.

Oh well, I can't remember anything anymore unless it is on a Post-it.

That's not a debate, but a personal preference. I like stainless and do not want a coach that looks like a plastic palace or any other motorhome. But you cannot beat an H3 for bay space.

That choice is solely yours because I don't think anyone can reduce that decision to anything other than which coach looks and feels right to you.

You should get to compare a Liberty and a Vantare by looking at them and talking to owners. I think it is safe to say we Liberty owners have some strong opinions about our coaches as Ed has demonstrated. He is correct by the way.

Welcome, Mike.

You'll find a LOT of valuable information here, some of which is rumored to even be correct.

On a more serious note, there truly is a wealth of experience and expertise available here. My only regret is that I have so little to contribute to the collective knowledge base...... but I'm learnin'.

Oh, and the absolute best advice is to narrow that list down to either an Elegant Lady or a Liberty Lady Classic...