Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Image Test

Default Upload nightmares

Well, whilst in OKC, Ray Davis and I did some experimental and top secret testing.

In our tests, we found the pictures run through Apple computer based image software would not upload. Period..

So if I shot in JPG mode, and loaded the image directly from the card, it would load. But if I uploaded the pics into my software, then to the forum,,, no bueno.

We tried Ray's Apple and had the same result. I usually shoot in RAW, so I would always run it through the software.

Ray's opinion is the software is adding something into the header information (that you and I commoners cannot see) and that the bulletin board software doesn't know what to do with it.

Ray is looking for a solution.

Our work-around was to save it as a .dng file, and all was well, but then the board doesn't show a thumbnail of it, so not the greatest solution.

I haven't had a chance to look at it yet, as I just got back, and I'm 3 weeks behind in work!

Converting to a PNG (not DNG) file allowed the files to upload. Strangely enough files generated directly by an iPhone had the same issue.

More info as I have time to look at it.

Ray

Born and raised in NJ..Still live there..

Viv's Prevost-Drivers side rear of Coach 7-11-09 74164_5.jpg

Joe is here and he showed me how to post pictures...
    Hopefully I'll be able to remember how...He's offered to ride shotgun with me to Florida on my maiden voyage and help me learn more about my precious bus...

Southern Pines, NC (next door to Pinehurst)

Default Nice Job

Viv,

Good job on posting the pic. If you do forget just make a post and the help will come flooding in.

Oh yeah, the bus looks like a really sharp ride. An closer pics on the mural?

Have a safe trip to Florida and be careful out there in I-95 traffic. If you need a campground recommendation around Fayetteville, try the KOA off exit 61 in Wade NC. Carole and I stayed there for a Busnutz gathering and it is very nice. You may have to go one exit south and come back. The NCDOT was replacing the bridge over I-95 last spring when we were there. It should be finished by now.

Say "Hey" to Joe for me.