Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: More Necessary Stuff

"but then you have to get your clothes on, get out of the bus, kick somebody's butt... bla, bla, bla."

Yeah,........ I hate it when that happens

I have the following system and they have worked well for me. When I frist got them and had one that would not work, leaked air, I called and they sent a new one, no questions.

http://www.tiresafeguard.com/pdf/TPM-P1%20Brochure.pdf

I think that if I had to do it over I would go with their internal systems.

The external ones have a brass collar with counterclockwise threads that secures the sensor to the stem. The collar also has an Allen screw in it to make it even more difficult to remove.

I have found that when it goes off pull over and check somethings up.

GregM

We are on the last leg of a 2 week trip up through the Rockies. I installed a Smartire system before we left and I have really appreciated the peace of mind it gives. In fact, Steve B got a call early last week about acceptable tire temps.

The Smartire manual has an interesting discussion about proper pressure and temperature and the theory of temperature equilibrium.

Anyway, I find myself scrolling through the tires on the display checking the temps and pressures in different environments. Very informative and I would say a monitoring system is a must have in some form or fashion. The installation was not too difficult even for a neophyte with a little guidance from some of the experts on Marathon plumbing (thanks Kevin).

Default Tire Safe Guard

Harry: I have Tire Safe Guard by HCI Corporation Model TTPM 12PS4H. External Sensors with pass thru air flow. Got 8 for the bus and 4 for the tow vehicle. It list for 800 Lewbucks with a 15% discount for Prevost Owners Group (120 Roger bucks) for a net of $680.00.

It saved me that much or more yesterday.

The tire plug kit is very similar to Jdubs. Availble at your local unadvanced parts store for (I forgot) 8 or 10 Lewbucks.

Yes I was able to remove the hateful bolt and plug the tire and continue on my way and even had a guy stop on the ramp and offer to help. No help needed - aired the tire up with the coach air hose and drove another 70 miles under 64mph and lost seven pounds of pressure but no alarm. Once I got to the auction lot in Nashville I added another plug and still had 90 pounds today. I will have to get a patch on it to feel safe and sound again.

Drove 275 miles home today - no problems. It was a good day.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Orren asked about the Silverleaf Pressure Pro system,I received it this week and after they agreed that they did not send the correct wiring harness and they blue labeled the right one it is finally installed.It is easy to install the pressure pro,but the instructions have some glitches and incorrect info in them.When I have called and discussed these problems with them they say that the instructions are for 3 different models and my model #120 should be done this way.The unit is great so far and I will use it on a trip soon,the PP system shows pressure and approximate temperature,in the set up page it also shows target pressure,which is the initial pressure that the sensor has read as it was installed.This target pressure can be reset very easily by changing the air pressure in a tire and resetting the specific tire on the set up page.I really wanted more Detroit and Allison info and this unit really does that in a big way.I will report how well I like it after my next trip.

I have the same system that Roger has, and it has done a good job so far. The pressure readings are not necessairly the same as my tire gage, but it tells me if I have a problem, and I like knowing the temperature of each tire also. I had a sensor go bad, and they sent me a replacement at no charge.

After having my inside dually blow out and rip out an air bag on an American Dream, I would never again want to be without a tire monitoring system. I didn't even know the tire had blown until we started smelling the rubber inside the coach, but if a monitoring system had been in place, I would have known immediately and saved myself several hundred dollars.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Dale & Roger,

Does your system have an AUDIO alarm if your pressure drops to a certain level?
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Tuga: Yes, the audible alarm is what got my attention. Otherwise I will have to admit that I was not monitoring the situation as prudently as one probably should.

The alarm sounds when the pressure drops 10 percent of the original pressure.

And it was loud.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Good Roger, those systems are worth their weight in gold. What a great safety device: the audio alarm is the key that makes it all worth while. I love my Smartire system. Good post!
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Default Looking to buy a TPMS

I'm trying to make a buying decision on a TPMS. Which one is the best for "foolproof" operation, features, and dependability between PressurePro and Tire-Safeguard, I've ruled out SmartTire absent a compelling argument to the contrary as I prefer the external stem mounted sensors. I'm interested in hearing from users of each of the systems regarding what you like/dislike about the display modules, types of alarms, and ease of installation/set-up.

Thanks for any input you are willing to share!