Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fogged glass FIX

A double pane window will not frost on the interior in very cold weather.

Greg, In previous threads it has been surmised that the dual pane side windows might help prevent interior fogging on a seated bus which could be much more of a problem than in a motor coach. We replaced our side windows with tinted safety glass in both of our buses. For us, it has proven to be a significant improvement over dealing with the interior fogging of the original dual pane setup. It is also a much less expensive fix.

I was in Bradenton, Fl this summer and made a side trip to Suncoast Designers to get my passenger window fixed. They did a great job in just a few hours and I am well satisfied with the window repair. The cost was very reasonable too.

Has anyone had Seacoast repair the awning windows on an XLII?

Brian did you have that window outfit vancoucer do the work?

Greg, I believe you're referring to Peninsula Glass. We purchased their windows for our 94 Liberty. Their windows include new frames which I decided after changing them, wasn't necessary. Additionally we found their customer relations to be sub standard.

Any experienced auto/truck window installer should be able to install new safety glass in the side windows. The installer we used told me that in addition to being cut to the proper size, the edges must be beveled and polished to prevent cracks. FYI, the thickest tinted safety glass we could find was 3/8" so a foam spacer needed to be installed in order to fill the space. Also FYI, tint is identical to the windshield.

Have a 2006 XLII and the main door window seal is blown (it's dirty between the 2-panes). marathon quoted $2,300 to replace. The glass is fine: is there someone who can remove and re-seal the window? I saw the earleir post on Sun Coast Designers in Florida; but I am in Seattle. Does anyone know of a shop on the west coast?
    Thanks Poggers.

-Jim

Jim, Peninsula Glass is in Vancouver, WA. I know they do the windows on plastic coaches but not sure about a Prevost. You might call them and inquire if they have any experience with Prevost windows. I have an awning window that I am going to take out and send it to Sun Coast they take the window apart, clean the glass and reassemble with new seal, all for $250.00 + shipping of approx $50.00. That's a little different because the awning windows come out pretty easily and can be shipped easily. Let us know if Peninsula Glass does them.

Jim,

Peninsula Glass does indeed make a Prevost side window replacement. They have aluminum black anodized frames and include screens. They are very nice. That said the company is not easy to deal with. Suggest staying with the original frames and have an experienced automotive glass company make safety glass or tempered glass replacement panes. They can be tinted to match the windshield and they will be much less expensive then Peninsula's or Prevost's. I have tried all the options. Send me a PM or call me for the whole story. 360 921 4476.

Replacing my sliding window with Prevost replacement glass. Can someone tell me the exact model of Sikaflex to use as there are many. I am thinking 295UV ????