Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: maintenance.xls log

Default maintenance.xls log

I have uploaded a Excel spreadsheet that takes the maintenance schedule that Jon created and calculates if you are over for any scheduled service.

If you add the current date, mileage, and gen hours in the blue fields and have entered the last time you completed the service required in the COMPETED column, the yellow field should show if you have any overage in miles, days, or hours.

After you have filled in the information once to get everything up to day. You only have to add the current info in the blue fields and update each completed field when something is done the calculations should occur automatically.

I have just started testing it, but I believe all the formulas are working fine. If you find any errors please let me know and I will correct and repost to the forum.

NOTE: The information is for a XL but can be easily changed to XLS or H3.

Where you see ??? or xxx I still have some of Jon's series 60 info in the fields because I have not confirmed the correct XL info yet for my bus.

I have added some dummy dates were I do not know the last time an item was completed and will correct those asap.

You will want to correct the description and interval data for your bus but hopefully this will be a good start.

I hope this is a help to others. I got tired of flipping back and forth in my service log to find when something was last done. You can print this each time you do a service and add to your paper log.

Comments and suggestion for improvement are welcomed but understand I am not an excel wiz and may need some help to add much more.

IMPROVEMENT I WOULD LIKE TO ADD BUT DO NOT KNOW HOW:
    Is a way to have a macro run and move the completed info to a date record on another sheet so that a log could be maintained in the same file eliminated the need to print a hard copy.
    Attached Files Attached Files

LLoyd,

This looks great! I'm sure that a macro can be added as you suggest. It's been a long time since I've worked with an Excel spreadsheet, but I'll tinker with it and see how I make out.

I also track cost, so I'll try to add a column to track cost as well.

Thanks for doing all the work!

Thanks Paul that would be great. I have never taken the time to learn how to do excel macros. Tracking costs would be valuable.

Thumbs up

Your spread sheet looks great Lloyd.

One more thing required, a seminar at OKC on how to use it!

JIM

Thanks.

If you will add all your dates, mileage, and hours for when the last service was done for each item in the COMPLETED column D and input the current info in the blue boxes everything else will calculate automatically. If there is a number in the OVERAGE column F greater than 0 then it is time for service on that item.

It is just that simple.

To make it match your coach you may (optionally) edit the TASK column A with your specific model numbers.

Hope that helps. If not we can do a very quick tutorial at OKC.

ajhaig Guest

Shouldn't the motor oil for an 8V92 be SAE 30?

Lloyd - thank you so much for contributing this incredibly handy and valuable tool! I can assure you that it will get some use on the Terry bus!

AJ you are correct. Prevost put 10W40 in by mistake and it has had me confused ever since. Thanks.

Michael you are most welcome.
    Last edited by lloyd&pamela; 08-02-2009 at 04:08 PM.

Lloyd, 8V92's use (?) 40 W

Nice job on the Excel spread sheet. I'll use it!

Great effort Lloyd. I'll use it for sure. Now how about some tips on a sure way to make money in the stock market.