Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Beached Bus

You guys are being much kinder than I had expected! Thanks for having mercy on me! I promise that I feel bad enough already!

Michael I know well the sick feeling you went through and it's gonna take time to get over it. My deal was four months ago and I still get a sick feeling in my stomach when I think about it. I hope your insurance company is as easy to work with as mine was. The repair was twice the cost I expected, so grap a seat when the estimate comes in. Make the repair facility give you in writing the time it will take them to do the job. My four or five week verbal estimate turned into eleven weeks. Any new stainless will come unpolished so make sure the shop knows how to polish them. Hang in there, it's just a machine and it can be repaired.

Michael,

I wouldn't let anyone touch that except Prevost. You are about to learn how much your Insurance Carrier knows about a bus. Insist on the manufacturer making the repairs and estimate.

Southern Pines, NC (next door to Pinehurst)

Default Man Up!

Michael,

Your experience is not unique to this community. I think at one time or another we have all dinged or coaches, some more dinged than others. I think the Sevierville award was for damages approaching $35,000. I think it was something about backing into the corner of a building and tearing up the rear cap. Of course the rear cap had a beautiful custom graphic paint job which jacked up the final bill.

I'm guessing your bill will likely come in under $10,000. So looking at it that way your deductable is a mere 10% of the total. Besides, you are stimulating our depressed economy by providing work for some "qualified" body shop.

As for the stainless parts, contact IBP in Apopka, Fl. Phone number is (800) 468-5287. Ask for Al Renfola, he is my source for dinged up stainless, OK I'm on my third repair job using their parts. Their parts also come polished ready to mount. Also, if that is rust I see on that one panel then that area has likely been hit before and a cheaper chromed panel was used as a replacement.

Trust me, I feel your pain. It does get less painful as time goes by. So hang in there!

Unhappy

Michael, if you ripped that capped pipe stub out of the Aqua-Hot you may have doubled your repair bill, now that we have seen what Prevostbrad has come up against in pricing the unit.

So Sorry, JIM

Hi Michael. Been there, done that.
    I've been very fortunate with my Prevost but I've had my moments with several previous Rv's.
    Believe me when I say, the recriminations will abate.
    Let's all knock on wood for our future journeys and foibles.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Quote Originally Posted by Will Garner View Post
    Michael,

As for the stainless parts, contact IBP in Apopka, Fl. Phone number is (800) 468-5287. Ask for Al Renfola, he is my source for dinged up stainless, OK I'm on my third repair job using their parts. Their parts also come polished ready to mount. Also, if that is rust I see on that one panel then that area has likely been hit before and a cheaper chromed panel was used as a replacement.

Trust me, I feel your pain. It does get less painful as time goes by. So hang in there!
    Will - thanks for the tip on IBP! I've heard that Prevost can be excruciatingly slow in fulfilling stainless panel orders! Also, that's just mud/dirt in the picture - no rust!

Quote Originally Posted by truk4u View Post
    Michael,

I wouldn't let anyone touch that except Prevost. You are about to learn how much your Insurance Carrier knows about a bus. Insist on the manufacturer making the repairs and estimate.
    Thanks for your guidance, Tom!

Biloxi, MS (Beautiful Mississippi Gulf Coast)

Michael:

Sorry to hear of your situation. Custom Colors in Port St. Lucie, FL is a super Prevost repair center. They are one of only 5 approved by Prevost in the US! Liberty uses them exclusively. Several years ago I was caught in a hail storm in Texas. There was extinsive dammage down one side and the back doors. Liberty told me that was the only place to take it. Larry Gorman is the owner . phone 772/335-0515. They did outstanding work and dealt with the insurance company. The coach looked new when I got it back. Good Luck.

Southern Pines, NC (next door to Pinehurst)

Default Sponsor

Mike,

The outfit Ed is referring to, Custom Colors, is one of POG's Sponsors. Maybe they will give you a discount if you let them know you are a Man from POG. On the POG home page there is a corporate icon that you can go visit their site thru.

With your damage I would not let some local body shop do the work. These buses are another beast to deal with altogether.