Thread: Drivers Air Clutch/Coil

Default Drivers Air Clutch/Coil

I know, I know, I should have bought a bus with OTR air... The coil on my drivers air clutch has failed. Of course, you can't buy just the coil, and the new clutch and coil assembly is $428 from Prevost which I think is insane. Anyone have a used clutch and coil that they would like to part with, or a source for a new one? The clutch is a Warner 1436-48, Prevost part number 950079. Thanks Steve

Exclamation

Last edited by JIM CHALOUPKA; 07-30-2009 at 06:53 PM.

Thanks Jim - I saw that and called the local Warner distributor - after several phone calls to the factory, he finally found out that it was a proprietary number and could only be purchased from the OEM - Prevost. Despite the fact that the York/Tecumseh compressor has been used on millions of vehicles, this clutch is apparently not used anywhere else and is fairly unique - it has a 24V coil and non standard dimensions. I tried NAPA and a couple of truck suppliers - I would have bought a clutch to get the coil if it would have fit, but none of the 24V coils would fit the clutch...

Steve,

Call Parliament and ask if they have one or where they get theirs. The compressors are cheap, just bought one for under 200 bucks at Fleet Pride.

Now there's an idea, buy the compressor and pulley to have everything new and sell (or keep) the old compressor for the spare.

JIM

Doesn't work that way Jim, compressor comes new without the clutch assembly.

CIMG0004_1.JPG

Thumbs down

Well aaaa, no wonder the compressors are cheap, they got you by the PULLEY .

See what no competition will do, it's just like the Fing fan clutch assembly. Well I guess they gotta eat too.

I know there is a bus recycling yard out there, we talked about it here a couple years back. I can't find it now.

Anybody have the info for Steve.

JIM