Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Webasco Run Time

Default Webasco Run Time

I try to run the webasco as often as possible, but not sure how long it's suppose to run. For heating the (2) 10 gallon water heater tanks, it ran for at least 1 hour and never quit. I assume it's like the Aqua Hot I had, when it gets to temperature, it should shut down.

What do you think Mango, your the POG expert...

FWIW, also run mine just long enough for it to cycle off.

Tom,

Glad to see you're doing your monthly Webasto Maint. An hour sounds long, have you also turned on the Webasto Thermo inside the bus? I'll try timing mine tomorrow to see how long before it cycles.

Mike

lewpopp Guest

Default Coolant change

I thought there was an article by Jon in the front forum on some tips to pay attention to when you change the engine coolant. Is that hidden somewhere in here?

Lew

Mango, I don't have any kind of thermo?

Tom,

Just run it until it cycles off. That way you know it starts and know it stops and if you check the water temp (with the hot water heater off) you will know what kind of temps you are getting.

I did this to mine last Saturday and it was working as it should.

Tom,

You can limit cycle time for initial start-up by closing off all loops except one. On mine I can circulate it through the engine or the house. The Webasto cycles off at 160 degrees. It obviously will take longer to cycle off in the winter, and I can't tell you how long it takes for mine to kick off, but it seems like it is around 1/2 hour.

Tom,

I checked mine last night and cycled off in 15 minutes.

Don't you have Webasto heat in your Marathon? That was my question about the Thermostat.

Thanks

Mike

ken&ellen Guest

Default short cycle

My Webasto has always been on a short cycle. I cleaned the photo cell and checked the gap today as well as ran the system. It runs for approximately 10 minutes then cycles off. I get heat in the units thoughout the coach, but compared to the Webasto unit in my Beaver Marquis it runs for a shorter period of time. Maybe Jon's suggestion about the valves on the system have a direct relationship to run time? Story of my life....short....always short! Ken

lewpopp Guest

You might want to know that I tested the operation of my Webasto the other day and everything was ok. WHEW!!!!

Mine doesn't produce a ton to heat but does warm the front up a bit. I seems as though non of my thermostats work because the Webasto never shuts down unless it gets super hot inside. As for the air, you could store ice inside at times and the thermstat doesn't shut that down either. Do they need replacing after 16 years? I prefer not to spend Lew Bucks unless I have to, ya know.