Thread: Transmission Service?

Default Transmission Service?

Wondering what all is apart of a typical transmission fluid/filter change? Is it just like an oil change? Is this something I could do myself? My bus came to me with a fresh change over to transynd. I have another 20,000 or so miles left before the recommended change, but am starting to consider my options.

Thanks,

Adam

Adam, how many miles do you have on that oil change to transynd. It really depend on who talk to as to when to change it again after the first change over to transynd. Some will tell you 50k miles and then some say 100k, quite frankly it's all over the board.

Hello adam,

i do not feel that you need to do anything at 20K, or even 50K, but I would use 50K as a minimum number for a complete transmission oil change, I bet seated do not change the oil but every 100K if that. maybe the filters only. plus a top off if you feel the need to have done something.

Adam what part of PaPa telling you to stay out from under the bus didn't you understand. Protect those well trained hands and fingers.
    Joe says he will not play the Fiddle ( violin ) if you don't work on the bus.

I have transynd and have been told 100k. I know BMW says their transmission oil never needs changing. So maybe miracles are upon us.
    Last edited by hhoppe; 07-30-2009 at 08:15 PM.
    Harry

Shirley & Harry / 2000 Liberty / 2008 GMC Envoy Denali

Quote Originally Posted by hhoppe View Post
    Adam what part of PaPa telling you to stay out from under the bus didn't you understand. Protect those well trained hands and fingers.
    Joe says he will not play the Fiddle ( violin ) if you don't work on the bus.

I have transynd and have been told 100k. I know BMW says their transmission oil never needs changing. So maybe miracles are upon us.
    Woops, got in trouble again . All I know is that the sticker on the windshield says to change it soon. I'd have to dig into the bus records to know exactly when it was last changed.